Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Airlines Suing The Baa

TheNissanMan

All over the press is the fact that a number of Airlines are looking to sue the BAA for loss of profit with the recent alleged Terrorist Activities, does anybody else find this a bit out of order ?

I can see it from the point of view from the Airlines and the fact that their profits have been affected but surely if there was a serious enough risk to enforce the high security measures we have seen over recent weeks would it not be better to ensure public safety rather than run the risk of losing hundreds of peoples lives, kill long term profit with more people being afraid to fly and also lose aircraft as well although the airlines would be covered under their insurance I'm sure!!

Personally I think it's disgusting these airlines are even thinking about suing!!

Talks are also in progress about a lawsuit against BAA for anti-competition.

I can understand why certain airlines are proposing to take action against BAA (namely RyanAir). Strange proceedures were put in place and BAA have not invested in large enough security provisions, causing severe delays and cancellations.

They're being !Removed! stupid, I don't think it causing a lot of disruption is a majorly bad thing, it says "If you plan to harm people we'll stop you, even if it causes endless problems, we don't care as long as it stops you". I can understand it must be a nightmare for the airlines but at the end of the day it cost them money but saved lives & RyanAir are moaning.

"RyanAir, the airline that puts money ahead of passenger safety", that's a great image :rolleyes:

They're being bloody stupid, I don't think it causing a lot of disruption is a majorly bad thing, it says "If you plan to harm people we'll stop you, even if it causes endless problems, we don't care as long as it stops you". I can understand it must be a nightmare for the airlines but at the end of the day it cost them money but saved lives & RyanAir are moaning.

"RyanAir, the airline that puts money ahead of passenger safety", that's a great image :rolleyes:

Especially great considering I'm going on a plane for the first time ever in my life on October - and we're going by Ryanair.... :rolleyes:

With a name like Ryan how could it not be superb for ya :rolleyes: :D :thumbsup:

Yeah but its not like its your personal airline though..... or is it? :lol::lol:

I didn't realise you worked in airport security, whats your views on whats happening atm, did you see it as a real threat or over exageration ?

How bads it been for you guys in the line of fire ?

Nowt wrong with RyanAir IMO... you pay small fares.. you get where you going...

least thats what Ive always had in the past... I'll let the dudes higher up sort the politics...

I think it's out of order, Terrorism is a threat to everyone in the Country so what happened did cost money but rather that than lives IMO.

I didn't realise you worked in airport security, whats your views on whats happening atm, did you see it as a real threat or over exageration ?

Its not been to bad really , i was surprised how little hassle weve had .

The public (well 99.5%) have been great going along with all our new rules and regulations .

As for the threat i'm still undecided , i'd like to see some more evidence etc . Theres a lot of storys going about just now ! I reckon its just a matter of time though until something does happen unfortunalty , you'd be worried if you knew half of what i do about the airports and their security :rolleyes:

I get ****** off when newspapers have a go at us , the record printed the other day that our x-rays dont pick up liquids in bags :lol: when they blatantly do .

Can't be easy, at least it must be easier with the majority of the publics support, would love to be behind someone complaining, would I be allowed to join in and complain about him :D

Can't be easy, at least it must be easier with the majority of the publics support, would love to be behind someone complaining, would I be allowed to join in and complain about him :D

:lol: You hold them n i'll hit em

I think a career change is not far away TBH :unsure:

I thought it was BA who was the first major Airline to consider the action ?

I think BA loaded the bullets. Ryanair are pulling the trigger. Or at least threatening. :angry:

Its not been to bad really , i was surprised how little hassle weve had .

The public (well 99.5%) have been great going along with all our new rules and regulations .

As for the threat i'm still undecided , i'd like to see some more evidence etc . Theres a lot of storys going about just now ! I reckon its just a matter of time though until something does happen unfortunalty , you'd be worried if you knew half of what i do about the airports and their security :rolleyes:

I get ****** off when newspapers have a go at us , the record printed the other day that our x-rays dont pick up liquids in bags :lol: when they blatantly do .

Ewwww. Conjurs up images of colostomy bags. :lol:

Has anybody seen anything anywhere that demonstrates it is possible to make a liquid bomb in a case the size of hand luggage?

Everything I've read seems to suggest that whilst it might look great in films, the chances of being able to make an actual explosive from mixing some chemicals on a plane is highly unlikely.

If that is true, why is everybody being so serious about liquid bottles?

Paul.

Has anybody seen anything anywhere that demonstrates it is possible to make a liquid bomb in a case the size of hand luggage?

Paul.

:yes: Yes , there are a few liquid chemicals that when mixed become very dangerous . One a plane you dont a huge explosion either , fill a couple empty bottles of water with these chemicals then mix them on board :eek:

It's all screwed up, terrorists cause threats which we have to deal with and then some whinging companies are now talking about suing BAA. There is no way BAA could have dealt with the size of the threat. To talk about suing this is absolutely nuts.

Think the companies are helping the terrorist's by pressurising BAA now to speed things up.

If the BAA had any balls they'd say to these companys fine ;) find somewhere else to fly to and from(Threaten at least) . We wont accept any of your aircraft at any of our airports , but as the BAA have just been bought over i dont think they care too much !

:yes: Yes , there are a few liquid chemicals that when mixed become very dangerous . One a plane you dont a huge explosion either , fill a couple empty bottles of water with these chemicals then mix them on board :eek:

No---that happens in Hollywood. In real life, it is very difficult to do this which is why I asked.

Given the huge amount of incovenience and expense to everybody involved in air travel, you would expect the secret services to have a clue. Otherwise I can understand companies reaching for their solicitors.

Does this mean we will never be able to carry bottles on planes again?

Paul.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links