Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

My T-sport On 19s

jbtsport

hi Guys & Gals, just want to know if i remove the side mouldings and i assume their r some clips most probs glued onto the actually car body to hold the mouldings. my question is wud i need to get the side door and rear 1/4 sprayed or is their a way of removing the clips without damaging the paint?

Hi guys,

Not been on the forum for a while as i sold my Corolla T-Sport a couple of months ago. I loved the car but as i was using it for work and doing over 100 miles per day it was getting a battering. It was a sorry day when i sold it. Just thought you may be interested in some pics of it before it was sold. Any comments are welcome.

It might have been a sorry day for you when you sold it but I bet you made the new owner's driving experience a bit more special than they'd have got otherwise.

Kudos to you JB

Many thanks to the original poster for all the invaluable part number information.

I finally ordered my lowering springs and quick shift kit last week after owing the car for almost 11 months, and have to say after getting the springs fitted locally the car feels completely different. Much more planted and sure footed. BEfore it was jacked up like a jeep. I could stick my entire head between the wheel arch and tyre. lol

I can't believe toyota quoted me 85+vat an hour @ 1.2hours per corner to fit the springs. Daylight robbery. My local garage fitted the springs for 160 inc vat (40 an hour @ 1 hour per corner). How can toyota sleep at night quoting such prices?

Still waiting for the quickshift kit to arrive at Toyota so i can pick that up and possibly fit myself if i feel confident enough. There are no guides that i can find to fit one.

Then hopefully when i get more cash the front grill and a side skirts. Front lip is a no-no as my area has speedbumps everywhere.

Does anyone know where to source cheap Toyota T-sport 3 door side skirts? I've been looking everywhere and can't find them for less than 350. Seems rather expensive given that another 300 towards painting and fitting is required.

Anyone have any ideas?

Armz.

Side skirts actually appear on eBay every now and then and as for fitting the quickshift, its farely easy, i fitted mine on my previous 1.6 vvti and it took me bout 45 mins to fit the 1st time and took me bout 15 mins to fit into my Tsport bcos i knew wot to do. Do it urself, but if ur not confident get some1 to do it

Side skirts actually appear on ebay every now and then and as for fitting the quickshift, its farely easy, i fitted mine on my previous 1.6 vvti and it took me bout 45 mins to fit the 1st time and took me bout 15 mins to fit into my Tsport bcos i knew wot to do. Do it urself, but if ur not confident get some1 to do it

Thanks for the advice. I tried to fit my quick shift today, and well am still trying to, i have the main black gearbox holder sitting on my table, and not sure what to do as the white plastic pin that holds it all together broke. No replacement pin was sent with the kit, so am wondering how everyone else managed.

Right now the car can't be driven at all on account of it all being in pieces till i find a new plastic pin or someother way. :crybaby:

Pretty much devastated and no easy way to put it all back togther how it was before. Not a easy job at all, and haven't even got the new shift into the black holder yet.

Armz.

Thanks for the advice. I tried to fit my quick shift today, and well am still trying to, i have the main black gearbox holder sitting on my table, and not sure what to do as the white plastic pin that holds it all together broke. No replacement pin was sent with the kit, so am wondering how everyone else managed.

Right now the car can't be driven at all on account of it all being in pieces till i find a new plastic pin or someother way. :crybaby:

Pretty much devastated and no easy way to put it all back togther how it was before. Not a easy job at all, and haven't even got the new shift into the black holder yet.

Armz.

Ouch that's really bad news mate. If I were you I'd be on the phone trying to locate a breakers who have an E12 corolla in their yard, and then just grab the pin from that.

When I got the TRD short shifter, I knew it would be an easy fit as there isn't all the fiddling around required that the TTE one needs.

Side skirts actually appear on ebay every now and then and as for fitting the quickshift, its farely easy, i fitted mine on my previous 1.6 vvti and it took me bout 45 mins to fit the 1st time and took me bout 15 mins to fit into my Tsport bcos i knew wot to do. Do it urself, but if ur not confident get some1 to do it

Armz.

DAMN, im sorry bout that m8, i kinda feel bad for advising u to fit it urself. how did u break that white plastic bit? did u hammer the stick out of it or something? bcos i remember it was quite easy to take out. Well i guess all i can say it call up mr T to order that part or find a breakers. Good luck m8 and hope to get some updates. the Short shift is WELL worth it

Not all is lost Good news! I called my neighbour who's brother is a mechanic of sorts, got him to come down within the hour and he made an impromptu fix. A nut and bolt fixed it. But i am thinking of finding a proper bolt with a bushing and possibly the nut on the end one of those special ones that have a rubber bit on the inside. should stop it undoing itself and possibly keep vibrations to a minimum.

I was paniking for a good hour tho, as I had decided to fit the kit outside my work place(finished early) and it's not exactly the best place to leave it had i have not been able to get a quick fix done. Whew!

The pin has 4 clips on the end, so what i was doing was pushing it slightly with a screwdriver. I think the reason mine broke and yours didnt is that my car was one of the first batch of T-sports made, Registered 12 Dec 2001. So possibly over the years the pastic has become very brittle if slightly flexed. Was such a tight fit and impossible to get out any other way. 2 clips broke out of 4. So reusing was not possible, risking the thing coming out when driving and not being able to select any gear.

Anyway i went for a little spin, havent got to 4th gear yet, was a short trip and feels very crisp, sometimes almost uncomfortable to engage gears. I'm thinking it probably takes a little getting used to, so am going to see how it feels for a few weeks.

Is there much difference between the TRD and TTE? Reason i bought TTE is because i got the TTE springs recently and though might as well get the short shift ordered from Toyota at the same time. I didn't realise till after i bought it that the TRD was a fully complete unit.

If the TRD is better i may consider getting that and selling the TTE kit, as the plus side is it's fully complete in the mechansim pre-oiled and greased. Although it does cost £140 plus del from Prolex-uk.com which is lsightly more but worth having to mess about.

Also a little query. Regarding the old metal bushings, rubber gromit and bolts that the kit said would no longer be needed. My gearbox mechanism is now sitting on red metal type spacer's, before the mech was sitting on rubber gromits, this was i think to decrease vibrations. Has anyone actually re-used the gromits with a aftermarket short shift kit be it TTE or TRD? I think there could be a way to use them to 'dampen' vibrations into the main lever.

Will have a look next time when i get a perfect bolt fitted in the main mech.

Armz.

Edit: BTW: I called Toyota about getting the replacment plastic pin, they tried to sell me the whole mechanism for something like 100. All that for just a plastic pin.

Hi Armz, glad you managed to get a fix (even if only temporarily) for it :) I can't comment on the differences between the TTE and TRD as I've never driven a cts with the TTE shifter in it.

With regards to my experiences of the TRD one, the changes are much more solid now which i like because the cts is pretty notchy and sometimes it was difficulty to know if you were fully engaged. But now it is nice and obvious. The throw as expected it noticeably shorter but I believe the TTE and TRD shorten the throw by the same amount anyway.

Fitting was incredibly simple, just remove the centre console, then undo the 4 bolts holding the whole unit down and then detatch the t arms running towards the engine. It all then lifts out for a straight swap.

As for pricing, I bought mine from Nengun in Japan and I believe (if memory serves me) that including all taxes and delivery, it cost me roughly £115.

Hope that helps. :)

Hi Armz, glad you managed to get a fix (even if only temporarily) for it :) I can't comment on the differences between the TTE and TRD as I've never driven a cts with the TTE shifter in it.

With regards to my experiences of the TRD one, the changes are much more solid now which i like because the cts is pretty notchy and sometimes it was difficulty to know if you were fully engaged. But now it is nice and obvious. The throw as expected it noticeably shorter but I believe the TTE and TRD shorten the throw by the same amount anyway.

Fitting was incredibly simple, just remove the centre console, then undo the 4 bolts holding the whole unit down and then detatch the t arms running towards the engine. It all then lifts out for a straight swap.

As for pricing, I bought mine from Nengun in Japan and I believe (if memory serves me) that including all taxes and delivery, it cost me roughly £115.

Hope that helps. :)

Damn, 115 is roughly what i paid Toyota for the TTE kit. I could have saved a lot of hassle.

Armz.

• 4 weeks later...

Hi guys.

Just wanted to say i'm overwhelmed by all the comments. Not been on the forum for a long time, was quite shocked when i came on tonight and saw all the posts. Many thanks.

If anyone has any more questions, i'd be glad to help.

Spotted a couple of questions about the door trims. They are stuck on, there are no clips. They will pull off quite easily, especially with a bit of heat. Its getting the glue off thats the time consuming part, just down to perseverance.

Thanks again for all the comments.

Spotted a couple of questions about the door trims. They are stuck on, there are no clips. They will pull off quite easily, especially with a bit of heat. Its getting the glue off thats the time consuming part, just down to perseverance.

Thanks again for all the comments.

THANKS a lot m8, ill probs de-badge and take out the door trim today. THANKS again

Thats looking sweet - what is the ride like on the big wheels? iv heard it is more bumpier or is it just as smooth as before with a smaller wheel?

• 3 weeks later...
Nobody knows how wide wheels you can fit to rolla??

not sure matey but im thinking about buying those alloys he has on his rolla in that pic, they suit the car v.nicely :) £900 for the 19's with tyers is a bit steep though.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links