Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Afternoon All

Nick SR

Its been a while since i have been on the internet outside of work stuff.

Anyway, since the yaris i went to a vauxhall and its a good car just very boring.

So. heres where i ask for you help. i am thinking about getting one of the double cab pickups not really sure which, a chunky one with a reasonable spec :thumbsup:

Anyone know where to buy these. either new for a good price or a year old that haven't been worked hard.

Hope everythings been going well round here.

Nick

might be worth giving Rhaines a bell - he works for a Nissan dealership, and the Navara is a pretty good pickup ;)

And what's wrong with the Hilux double cab :rolleyes:

might be worth giving Rhaines a bell - he works for a Nissan dealership, and the Navara is a pretty good pickup ;)

My old mad has a nissan d22 (comercial nivara) we tow alot with it and all i can say is awsome, more torque than you will ever need, it trully is amazing, eat warriors/hi-luxes all day :D

Erm, he didn't say anything was wrong with it :huh:

Some1 was asking for a suggestion for a new car, yes this is a Toyota site but if I was looking for options I'd much rather have some1 suggest something they know is good rather than just saying a Toyota because of what site it is

Nothing is wrong with the Hilux, it shares the biggest bed in in the market as the Navara. Hilux as no way near as much power though!! Navara is 174Bhp out of the box and as said will pull till the cows come home...

Navara normally has a 3 month wait on them, I have access to a couple of Aventura's which are the top spec ones approx £24500 (inc. Vat), if your looking cheaper I have an '05 pre-facelift standard Navara with 700 miles on it for £12999 +vat in silver...

Will drop you a pm with my number !

Nothing wrong with the Hilux, I've driven both the current generation Invincible and the previous generation (to France and back, so not just 10 minutes down the road :D ) as well as a previous generation L200 and a number of "normal" 2-door Hilux.

Personally, I find the power output to be academic as with so little weight over the back wheels even the existing output can easily break traction if the road is the slightest bit greasy. Ride on the older generations of these can best be described as "bouncy" over many UK road surfaces.

Its also worth mentioning that they're not actually that practical. The load bed is fine for things that have no value to anyone and are totally weatherproof. Can you think of something you even occasionally carry that fits those descriptions? No? That means you will ether need a canopy (which cannot be accessed from the cab and has only rudimentary security whilst giving you less - and harder to access - load space than a decent sized estate car) or a rigid tonneau (which gives you an incredibly shallow, awkward to access load space).

Unless you have absolute need of a pickup (or its accompanying tax breaks) then they really are a case of style over substance.

My father now drives a Berlingo van and its 100 times more practical...

:thumbsup:

A

Alan, without knowing the purpose the vehicle will be used for it is hard to guess whether the car will be practical or not although another argument is that there are not many estates that tow 3 tonne or have the option of 4wd when you need it!!

I would argue that the new breed of Pickups are definately practical and can be used for daily purposes as I often do, there is plenty of room in the back and there are numerous methods for waterproofing the back depending on use.

I'm sure if Nick is asking about Pickups he is wise enough to know what he wants...

You're right Ryan, but knowing that Nick has gone from a Yaris to a Meriva - and the uncertainty of his question (a chUnky one...) - I doubted that he suddenly needed to tow a twin-axle Ivor Williams plant trailer loaded with a Volvo EC-15B...

Yes, they're good at towing (3 tonnes? I hope you have a tacho fitted if its connected with business ;) ) but come the bad weather they're not great in snow or on ice with so little weight at the rear and their off-road performance is hindered by the same.

Finding large enough parking spaces is also not easy.

I'm not trying to put Nick off - jus give him an eyes-up on the possible issues.

:thumbup:

A

A Hilux Surf might be the order of the day then :lol:

The only trouble is you can only get imports... and most of them are over 5yr old....

Its the old style though, not the good-looking newer model...

A

Its the old style though, not the good-looking newer model...

A

Looks depend on the person, personaly i think the new 1 and the 1 before are howlingly ugly, but the older squearer 1 (leave out the spelling iv got a hang over lol) are bye far the better shape. As for them being poor off road thay accctualy arent that bad, the thing that makes them poor if anything is the breakover, because of the long wheel base thay get grounded quite easily, appart from that thay arent that bad with a set of macho's or grizzely's on. :thumbsup:

Thanks for all the replies, cheers for the PM ryan.

I don't want to waste your time, i am interested but will waste some other salesmans time and then come to you when certain of buying :)

cheers

Nick

LOL, Dream Customer :D

No problems fella, give me a shout when you know whats going on or you want ot check a deal you've been offered and I will see what I can do :D

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links