Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Power Up For Gt4

goner8

i have recently own a black GT4 1996. Raced with subaru sti verson 5. i was beaten badly. now i am thinking of changing air filter and exhaust pipe. Do you guys know what kinda air filter did WRC used on GT4. should i use toyota sport air filter or. K and N's or HKS?

any idea? :ph34r:

Forget replacement filters.

You need either Blitz SUS induction kit or a HKS Superflow Induction kit.

The blitz sounds better, but the HKS give more power.

With exhausts i would go for either a HKS Super Drager or the Blitz Nur Spec Type R system. I've tried both, the HKS sounds better but the Blitz system is more refined and seems to give the turbo a better spool up.

But seriously, loosing to an STI is not shameful. Those things are very rapid. And if your running a GT4 stock you really haven't got a chance. Especially if the dude with the sti knows how to drive his car.

But good choice on GT4, better car than a scooby anyway :thumbsup:

i dont get beaten by them well not if its a good straight they may get off quicker but once im in third its asta la vista baby.

as i am a newbie.... would u please explain more on Blitz SUS induction kit or a HKS Superflow Induction kit.

what do they actually do?

i am from new zealand. we recently had a strict rule on the loudness on exhaust, cops could easily confiscate our car if they think the exhaust is too loud. ( targeting just the boy racers) . Do you think HKS Super Drager or the Blitz Nur Spec Type R system would be too loud? it sounds so technical for blitz exhaust to have type R system, without it, will it make a different compare with normal blitz exhaust?

what do u think of a boost controller? :eek:

Type R system?

Thats just the model :lol:

The type R system is the same as the normal system but it is two piece from your Cat so better performance. Probably no louder. They come with a silencer anyhow so leave that in and it will sound like any normal performance exhaust.

As for the Blitz SUS and HKS etc, Induction kits replace the whole intake system. You remove your filter and box and the induction system goes in to replace it.

The Blitz SUS is a metal induction kit which makes a very low grunting sound and filters dirt very well. The HKS is less restrictive, it means more power and is quiet.

AIR is the name of the game, the induction kit means more air in and the performance exhaust means more air out. The more air that can travel in and out of your engine at once equals more and more power.

:thumbsup:

so the induction kit... is it more complete set of just air filter?

ur gt4 is 300+hp?

have u done a 0 - 100km? what is ur time?

Its basicly a big air filter that is a diffrent shape so thats why you need to remove your filter box completely.

But the induction kit filter NEVER needs changing, so once its in there it stays in there. Which pays for its self.

I have yet to Dyno my GT4, when i first bought it i was given a dyno sheet showing it was putting out 308bhp (probably at the fly wheel).

Since then i have dumped a couple of g's into it.

Once my Nitros goes in i will dyno it again and you can be sure that i will post the details on here. :thumbsup:

But so far i have recoreded my rough 0-60mph times, best i have so far is 4.8secs. I did this using my friends G'S Timer. Also recorded my BHP output at being over 330. Still i bet its gonna be more now since i have put yet more stuff on. :lol:

I find that i can never be quite satisfied. :lol:

i appreciate ur info.

o boost gauge. will give me how much extra power? got a good one to suggest?

the detail of ur car is that all ur specification?

got any pic of ur car on the website somewhere?

how do i put my car pic under my nick like urs

now i just have to save up $ and hopefully buy the stuff and change the car :group-cuddles:

A boost guage wont give you any more power, its just a more accurate way of measuring your boost pressure.

Important for tuning and making sure you dont blow your turbo.

You can use a Boost Controller, which makes the turbo boost higher. The standard GT4 turbo is ok to run up to 17/18 PSI then after that you get fuel cut from the ECU.

You can fit a fuel cut defencer to let you go up higher than 18psi but really above the standard boost limit you will need an uprated turbo to take the pressure and also forged pistons to make sure the pistons dont melt.

http://www.crossy59.freeserve.co.uk/kahl.html

Im on this GT4 website with another picture, unfortunately is very poor and its the only one. :rolleyes:

To put a picture in you must click on your name when you are in a forum and you can set what is called an avatar. Set this as the image. :thumbsup:

• 2 weeks later...

i heard a guy SuperCharge his GT4. 2 air filters, what do u think of these? will the car be faster?

do i need a boost control or just get my ECU done instead and forget abt boost control. appearantly if i get the ECU done, boost control will be done too?!?! :ffs:

i heard a guy SuperCharge his GT4. 2 air filters, what do u think of these? will the car be faster?

do i need a boost control or just get my ECU done instead and forget abt boost control. appearantly if i get the ECU done, boost control will be done too?!?! :ffs:

Super charging a GT4 seems pointless as it's a turbo - If you want to tune your car then have a think about how much you want to spend.

With the 3sgte engine sky's the limit - You can start off with induction kit, exhaust system, and unichip. These will give you positive hp and torque gains. After this you can move onto more expensive parts for example: Front mounted intercooler, boost controller, garrett turbo, 850mm side feed injectors, forged piston kit - The list goes on and on just depends on your bank balance

http://www.fensport.co.uk

its good to know i can do so much to my car in the future.

i only have a few grands to spend on the car but i dont intend to do everything in 1 go. I will do them slowly. Roughly how much is it going to cost for the GT4 spec in fensport website?

400hp sound very nice to me... what do you guys thinks :D

what do you suggest i should do. if i have 2k to spend at the moment?.

you could always put the motec m4 ecu in this will pave the way for later mods as you just re-map the ecu to suit the mods you do. also you remove things like overboost fuel cut speed limiter etc. then you can always add the pro upgrade and have things like launch control and anti-lag (need a stg 2 turbo for this as std one will break) :thumbsup:

its good to know i can do so much to my car in the future.

i only have a few grands to spend on the car but i dont intend to do everything in 1 go. I will do them slowly. Roughly how much is it going to cost for the GT4 spec in fensport website?

400hp sound very nice to me... what do you guys thinks :D

what do you suggest i should do. if i have 2k to spend at the moment?.

At a guess 3500 to 4500 should be enough to take you close to 400hp. With 2k to start with you could get quite abit done to it, or not alot depends on the quality of parts you want - Suggest a Blitz Nur Spec or mongoose exhaust system, HKS or blitz induction kit, HKS BOV & dastek unichip/motec engine management. Get the chip fitted after the exhaust and induction kit to, or you'll have to have it setup again.

The route i took was a HKS Superflow induction kit (because its provides the biggest gains), then a Blitz Nur Spec R Exhaust from Fensport, then a Unichip and an Adjustable Boost valve followed by a HKS Fuel Cut Defensor.

Easy 300bhp+ in under £1000.

Im very close to having the funds for my next upgrade. 75+bhp Nitros Oxide, two stage system. :lol: Should be running 400-450bhp estimated! (Obviously im upgrading with HKS Forged Pistons etc to take the boost level and im also going to have either the Fensport Garret Turbo upgrade or my existing CT20B upgraded to stage two to utilise AntiLag).

The route i took was a HKS Superflow induction kit (because its provides the biggest gains), then a Blitz Nur Spec R Exhaust from Fensport, then a Unichip and an Adjustable Boost valve followed by a HKS Fuel Cut Defensor.

Easy 300bhp+ in under £1000.

Im very close to having the funds for my next upgrade. 75+bhp Nitros Oxide, two stage system. :lol: Should be running 400-450bhp estimated! (Obviously im upgrading with HKS Forged Pistons etc to take the boost level and im also going to have either the Fensport Garret Turbo upgrade or my existing CT20B upgraded to stage two to utilise AntiLag).

Sounds like your cars going to be a serious piece of kit when you're done, You'll have to post the dyno sheet when your nitrous is done. If you get the garrett turbo and front mounted intercooler with those forged pistons you should be close to 400hp, it'll be a even closer to 500 hp with a 75/100 shot of nitrous

this is cool, i am getting all these info....eventhought half of the time i am not sure what u guys are on abt. pistol...and chip. etc etc. but i am getting there.

how much is the fuel consumption?

a 60 liters will last for how many km?

BOV will increase the power too? :cacker:

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links