Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Biggest Annoyance On Uk Roads

Demonic Angel

What is the biggest annoyance on our roads?  

52 members have voted

1. 1. Choose from the following...

• Fog lights on when its not foggy
    • People talking on mobiles at the wheel
    • Congestion due to sheer weight of traffic
    • Roadworks
    • Noise
    • Tailgaters
    • Pollution
    • Other (please specify)
    • Middle lane hoggers

Horses ! good shout , hate them on the roads .

And people who pull out in front of you when your fairly shifting and then dont accelerate , just stare at you in their mirror as if your the bad guy

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• GIDDLEPIN

• Angelicevil

• Roytoner

• Kev Mc

Aye, horses too!!!

Plus farmers - drive out a muddy field, and leave **** all over the road!

You're supposed to clean up after yourselves FFS, not wait for it to rain, or for constant traffic to wear it away!

I think it could all come under one umbrella, and I'm sure everyone would agree, but the biggest annoyance on Uk roads is 'Everyone else'. :P

i'd go with that. :thumbsup:

ok if theres someone in the middle lane who wont move over,

just go into the over taking lane thats what its there for :angry:

If that middle lane hogger pulls in while your under taking we all end up in your stupid accident :ffs:

I completely agree kimi but for example i was driving up the M1 last week, there were 5 vehicles in lthe outside ane with NOTHING in the inside lanes. They werent approaching anything either so rather than sit behind them adding to the cue i simply pulled into lane1 and continued, the were going slower than me so i undertook them, as did a few other cars.

Another scenario, the outside lane is conjested there are a few plonkers tootling along in the middle lane and again, NOTHING in the inside lane for some distance. Why add to the congestion when you can simply pull into the inside lane, im not saying do 80-100 mph past them, that would be stupid, just go slightly faster than them, pointing out that there is another lane besides the middle one!!!

Oh hi Paul! :P

Just to clarify, i have no doubt you drive your bus like a professional, but some of your colleagues still insist on driving at 17mph in 30's... Is that part of the standard training programme?? ;)

Oh hi Paul! :P

Just to clarify, i have no doubt you drive your bus like a professional, but some of your colleagues still insist on driving at 17mph in 30's... Is that part of the standard training programme?? ;)

I could lose my job if I told you :D

So I won't tell you . BUT.. :yes::yes:

Forgot NOT to tell you this as well

The idea is to :censor: you all off that much that you find it faster to leave your car at home and get on the bus that slowed you down in the first place :P :P

Edited by Roytoner

I believe it makes more of a point to middle-laners (when both driving and overtaking lanes are free) to overtake them correctly, leave space and indicate into the driving lane again. That way you're not potentially causing an accident and they can see you manouvering around them. The minute you start undertaking - they'll only see you as the bad driver and continue on their way to middle-lane happiness.

I have plenty of moans and groans about other people's silly driving, but then I know I'm far from a perfect driver too. ;)

Okay, I notice many of your gripes are about motorway driving :\.

From someone who cycles and drives, I'm happy to see that not many people have mentioned cyclists (I hope that doesn't change, now that I've said so).

From both points of view, I think mobile phone use whilst driving is the most irritating thing. Everyone knows how distracting it is to use a phone, and like many people have said, it's not expensive to get a handsfree. I've almost been run over several times because of some idiot using their mobile whilst driving. Once I actually hit the side of the woman's 4 by 4 (I think it was a BMW incidentally) and she just looked at me like it was my fault... (I was going straight down the road, she was turning left from a side road - she didn't even look down the road).

Other annoyances have to be buses, esp in Central London, where they seem to have a habit of pulling out when you are roughly 2/3rd of the way up their side. No choice but to swing right and hope for the best. It's not safe at all.

Likewise people who don't indicate. A lot of these things you tend to pick up on more when you're on a bicycle.

From a car point of view, those people who think it's necessary to accelerate as fast as they can down my road (which is a fifth of a mile long at most) - especially late at night. There is no need!

People who go through EVERY speed camera, regardless of the speed limit at 25MPH!!!!!

What do they think they are doing?

Oh yeh and potholes!

Ohhhh and people who don't know how to reverse.... (i live in single track heaven and i hate the standoffs where you meet another car and they refuse to reverse to a passing place 2 feet behind them making you reverse 1/4 of a mile uphill, round blind cresting bends just hoping noone comes and rear ends you.

Ohhhhhhhhh and diesels, they stink, and spill slippy stuff on the roads.

Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhh and f :censor: kin quad bikes

ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh and them electric mobility scooter things!

OHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH and SPEED BUMPS!!!!!!!!!!

Oh and what about the people who when comming into road works where a lane is closed sail up the outside of all the patent drivers and barge in at the end!

Think thats everything off my chest. :rolleyes:

oh and TOURISTS! you know the 15 laps of a roundabout at 7 mph weaving all over the road whilst trying to read a map to find out which way it is to the museum of englishness.

My pet hate is when people don't signal when they decide they want to squeeze their car into the lane you're on and barging in on front.

Or...when someone decides to park their car less than 2 feet away from a fork in the road taking up the lane that you need to be in and THEN deciding that they want to go the same way as you anyways and drive off once you've already gone and switched lanes to try and get around them. Grrrrrrr!

Oh and idiots who have their fog lights on or lights that are so powerful that you can't see anything because of the glare.

:censor:

Apologies if some of that doesn't sound lucid to you! :)

People who brake hard when they see a mobile speed camera van, eventhough they was already driving at the legal speed limit.

Women drivers, we all know that ladies can multi-task, but please don't put on your makeup or play with you hair while driving.

People using handsfree kit while driving, you are not paying attention to the road, you are too busy arguing with the person down the phoneline.

People who pull out in front of you to overtake a slow moving vehicle, you should match the speed of the other lane before moving without causing an obstruction (sp)

People who slow down on the slip road, instead of matching the speed of the motorway before entering it.

Third or fourth lane hogger, theres two other lanes, use them.

Erm, this one is a bit scary, A purple 22 wheeler HGV doing 75 mph on the thrid lane, WTF

People who leave it to late to leave a lane that has been closed

Motorways that have been closed.

People who pull out of junctions and then plod along at 12 mph, FFS wait for a longer gap in the traffic or put you foot down.

Traffic wardens who do not wave when I beep at them

Too bad this is limited to the UK roads, I could write an essay about the French and Italians.

I'm sensing a bit of tension in some of these posts,

my main bug is how much it costs me to drive on the congested pot holed inadequate roads with taxes, spot fines and the like.

There is always some policy or idea to reduce congestion that often translates into a money spinning source for the authorities, hmmm :huh:

People who wear hats when driving

(sorry but that includes any of you in a baseball cap but there's also old people in flat caps, etc. Likely to rain through your roof, is it? Even people who have to wear hats for work such as funeral directors and police, usually take off their headgear inside the car!)

rant over.... now breathe. :P

i have to admit that i wear a hat sometimes whenever im driving, its because im too lazy to do my hair! :rolleyes: i dont know about you but my hair sits REALLY bad when its not styled, so i just keep it on!! and that is why i wear a hat whilest driving!

oh, i hate people that comes right up your backside when you are on the fast lane doing 60-65mph and you cant go any faster coz of the traffic in front, and they flash at you as to say 'move!!'. them people p***es me off something serious!

also, when people drive like ***** just so they can over take one car and end up sitting behind another car, and they'll keep doing that untill they have over taken everyone, which is not always the case! they gain a few meters but thats it, why bother.... :censor: silly people :rolleyes:

also, when people drive like ***** just so they can over take one car and end up sitting behind another car, and they'll keep doing that untill they have over taken everyone, which is not always the case! they gain a few meters but thats it, why bother.... :censor: silly people :rolleyes:

Hah, I have to agree with that one - like drivers in London who over take cyclists and buses at full speed, just to slam on their brakes because of the red traffic lights about 20 m in front!

People who wear hats when driving

(sorry but that includes any of you in a baseball cap but there's also old people in flat caps, etc. Likely to rain through your roof, is it? Even people who have to wear hats for work such as funeral directors and police, usually take off their headgear inside the car!)

rant over.... now breathe. :P

i have to admit that i wear a hat sometimes whenever im driving, its because im too lazy to do my hair! :rolleyes: i dont know about you but my hair sits REALLY bad when its not styled, so i just keep it on!! and that is why i wear a hat whilest driving!

oh, i hate people that comes right up your backside when you are on the fast lane doing 60-65mph and you cant go any faster coz of the traffic in front, and they flash at you as to say 'move!!'. them people p***es me off something serious!

Are you male or female?

But mainly it's Rovers that I seem to have 'issues' with at the moment.

Everytime I'm out on a nice sweeping country road I seem to get stuck behind someone intent on doing about 40mph - regardless of conditions, visibility, etc. I noticed earlier this year that it's ALWAYS a Rover !

Take it you willn't be going to look at this then..Lookie you know you want it!! :P :P

My pet peevs are (in no particular order):

People who pull out on you and then drive slowly (either accelerate slowly or just drive slowly after pulling out quickly).

People in Chelsea tractors who don't seem to understand how to drive around roundaboutd and don't know what lane markings are for.

People who get irate when you don't let them push in front of you when two lanes merge and they have just hammered past a half mile line of stationary traffic.

People who get irate when then think you have done something wrong when in actual fact it's them (usually choosing the wrong lane on a roundabout)!

I have to admit that despite being a woman myself I do find myself getting annoyed when I see other women trying to do their make up/hair whilst driving. Why they couldn't have done it before or after the car journey I don't understand. If they *have* to do it in the car then why not wait until they're parked?

And don't get me started on either BMW or SUV drivers. They :censor: :censor: :censor: the :censor: out of me with their "ooooh look at me I own the road" mentality. I nearly had my car clipped just a week after taking ownership of it by a BMW that whizzed around the corner taking up both lanes whilst I was still a good 5 feet away from the junction line. The air was blue in the car for about half an hour afterwards.

(sorry if you're an SUV driver! :lol: :P )

too many cameras thaat are blatently used to raise revenue as they admitted in the south east!

Not to mention idiot cops hiding with speed guns that will do you if you go 1(KM!!!) over the limit

and undercover cop cars!

i was returning home from work one night with all the intake that week (many many Ks in cash) and my laptop and they said that i managed to reach 110mph in my yaris TS in the space of 400 yards! followed me off the dual carriageway then home.

i pulled into my street and went past my house and tried to lose him round the block (i was speeding at this point) when i reached traffic lights and i wasnt gonna run them. windows down, "pull over NOW!!" so i just thought ok pulled over and they was saying my zorst was illegal etc, impound my car (with no camera eveidence)

i said to them "a corsa follows a nice done up car like mine all the way to my house, i got tons of cash on me and my laptop, all i can see are two dudes that are much bigger than me in a ****ty corsa and im not supposed to run???"

they understood and let me off, but seriuos clowns those two.

why cant they just patrol in marked cars? buncha pooh faces

edit: just read through more of it and the more people mention the more i get annoyed! so i just thought i would list:

1.Chavs in 1L reving next to your blatently fast car but they all love to point and laugh!

2.Chavs in general

3.People who dont look when they cross the road (espec in london)

4.People who drive 30 in 60s

5.People who never say thank you or give way (its courtesy!)

6.This is a MEGA THING!! people who have rightys than fill up on the left pumps, It ISN@T suppose to 7.STRETCH!!!! (petrol cap Lefty righty?)

8.Porches and beemers that take revenge on me in my runaround civic if i didnt let them out of the slow 9.lane because he was in the wrong lane and i didnt let them in.

10.People who shout abuse at you if they did a reverse round the corner on a busy road and you shake your 11.head at them.

12.People who go round multi-storey car parks the WRONG WAY!!!

13.The fact that every BMW seems to only have indicators fitted as an OPTION!!!!

100000. !!!!!! sod it i'll be here all day

I have to admit that despite being a woman myself I do find myself getting annoyed when I see other women trying to do their make up/hair whilst driving. Why they couldn't have done it before or after the car journey I don't understand. If they *have* to do it in the car then why not wait until they're parked?

lol, it was in the paper a few months back, a truvelo (faces you speed cam) caught a woman doing her make up with both hands off the steering wheel, looking in the vanity mirror, going 40 in a 30 zone. you rack up the points! was very amused :D:D

p.s sorry about the rant i just had to cos most of those things have happened in the last 3 days!

lol, it was in the paper a few months back, a truvelo (faces you speed cam) caught a woman doing her make up with both hands off the steering wheel, looking in the vanity mirror, going 40 in a 30 zone. you rack up the points! was very amused :D:D

Oh dear, that just makes me embarassed to be a woman!!! :eek::crybaby:

Speaking of chavs (we call them spides in Northern Ireland) I can't stand seeing (what I think are) stupid mods on cars with tiny 1L engines. Ok I don't mind some cosmetic ones but spoilers and big exhausts on a 1L?? :blink:

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links