Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

California To Sue Car Makers..

tsport_stu

The Americans are at it again.. Will be interesting to see how far they get... :lol:

Full story at: Sky News

:wacko:

Stu

It's all well & good saying that the car companies are responsible for damaging the environment, but what would happen if all of a sudden every petrol/diesel-powered vehicle was removed overnight? No1 would be able to cope & the economy would crash. I wonder how much they'd be worrying about greenhouse gases then

Its just a political stunt, elections in California in the next few months and the place is full of ill informed enviroloonies that'll love this kind of thing.

They haven't got a hope in hell of actually winning and it'll quietly disappear before even seeing a courtroom.

It would be interesting if the manufacturers counter-sued, on the grounds that the state knowingly allowed them to trade & operate within their territory for decades and support the economy in the process.

It's the same sensational press that is happening over here qith the governemnt claiming to increase 4x4 taxation to x thoughsand pounds per year !!!

Cheap publicity for seomthing that could never realistically be acted upon without harming the economy!

Whats the point??

Its like the whole McDonald lawsuit thing... McDonalds make fatty food, which people choose to eat, it makes them fat (no surprise there then) so they sue McDonalds for making them obese....

You can't sue a company who are only supplying based on demand.... and the Americans are the most gas guzzling country in the world... :rolleyes:

They dont care about the environment... its the "where there's blame, theres a claim" culture

Hang on, I'm confused..............

So the Americans DO care about the environment?????????????????

Only those that live on the coastline! ;)

It's totally mad, but at least it raises awareness. Someone has to. But for me I would look at our respective governments.

They tax our income

The tax the petrol that we buy

They tax the gas companies that make the petrol

Take all the f*ing tax and actually use some of it to pay for roads, then use some of it to do something about the environment.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links