Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Anti-allergenic Cats

Demonic Angel

A company in America has created a breed of anti-allergenic cats!

Link

But would someone who suffers from a cat allergy really pay over £2,000 for a hypoallergenic kitten?? :unsure: I mean obviously someone would, as they already have a waiting list.... but surely you are better off saving money and not having any cats at all?

i'd prefer if they worked on one that couldnt crap... ;)

Then it'd be an explosive cat.... you can't keep that crap in forever! :lol:

it would be easy to afford though........there would always be more than enough in the kitty !

Same old story. Providing a product for those with more money than sense. :rolleyes:

Terry Wogan got it right this morning. All the troubles the modern World has to cope with but we can still find time to produce cats which don't make people sneeze. :blink:

I despair sometimes, I really do. :lol:

oooh oooh.. can I have a blue and turquoise tabby??? :P

That'd be cool. I'll have one that doesn't shed, scratch or sh** (take that how you want! ;) ) please.

Lovely. :thumbsup:

you never heard of recycling! :thumbsup:

i think its wrong. who the hell do we think we are.god :angry: changing a animal to suit us. i have a reaction to some wash powders.. guess what :o i dont buy them. some people

i think its wrong. who the hell do we think we are.god :angry: changing a animal to suit us. i have a reaction to some wash powders.. guess what :o i dont buy them. some people

Thats an interesting comment...

I wonder, are you against stem cell research? Mind you, playing god we shouldnt have anti-biotics, i bet you think we should rely on leeches?

Personally I dont mind the DNA manipulation - thats about the only good thing here, imagine being able to reduce dieases through this method - fantastic!

Being a huge cat lover with a VERY bad allergy to them (to the point where I have to have an inhaler with me if I'm near cats) which didn't develop until a year after my last cat died I welcome the fact that we have hypo allergenic cats now though I wouldn't pay the rather excessive £5,000 it would cost to have one imported over here.

Maybe in future when they become more widespread and a heck of a lot cheaper I might think about it

Though there are some valid points in that, yes, we could be spending money on more worthwhile projects like cancer research and finding treatments for parkinsons or alzheimers. I'd rather know that we have a cure for some of the most degenerative diseases mankind has known over the fact that we have hypo allergenic cats but alas that's one of the side effects of having a free economy. Where there's money there's a will. Economics is fun that way. :rolleyes:

Mind you, playing god we shouldnt have anti-biotics, i bet you think we should rely on leeches?

not at all, :ban::ban::ban:

anti biotics effect the individuals that choose to take them. and anti bionics are made from natural ingrediance, and a species is not tampered with to produce them

tell you what lets produce pigs that taste like lamb, beef ,chicken, duck. maybe walkers could produce them and farmers only need to look after pigs

Mind you, playing god we shouldnt have anti-biotics, i bet you think we should rely on leeches?

not at all, :ban::ban::ban:

anti biotics effect the individuals that choose to take them. and anti bionics are made from natural ingrediance, and a species is not tampered with to produce them

tell you what lets produce pigs that taste like lamb, beef ,chicken, duck. maybe walkers could produce them and farmers only need to look after pigs

eh? many of the pills you take for headaches/anti biotics are far from 'natural ingrediants'

Curing ilnesses requires experimentation and development - or do you think we can just cure cancer by praying really hard?

No, we need to infect A LOT of animals with cancer, and try lots of ways of combatting it - and considering its a cellular level diease, the only way were going to fight it is at a genetic level - and until we've messed around enough with DNA and genetics at a cellular level to fully understand it, only then will be able to create targetted cellular attacks.

You say its changing an animal into a fashion accessory - I say its an important step into understanding how we can manipulate genetics to ulitmately benifit mankind...

Stem Cell Research: a stem cell is a “generic” cell that can make exact copies of itself indefinitely. It is a precursor cell that has the ability to make specialized cells for various tissues in the body (such as heart muscle, brain tissue and liver tissue). Stem cell research is expected to impact advances in curing diseases such as Alzheimer’s and Parkinson’s disease, diabetes, spinal cord injury, heart disease, stroke, arthritis, and cancer

yes this is great

but not the same as kat modding

do you agree with the so called designer babys????

this could go on couldnt it

love a debait :thumbsup:

maybe we should use the ian huntleys of the world. that would be a use for them

Stem Cell Research: a stem cell is a “generic” cell that can make exact copies of itself indefinitely. It is a precursor cell that has the ability to make specialized cells for various tissues in the body (such as heart muscle, brain tissue and liver tissue). Stem cell research is expected to impact advances in curing diseases such as Alzheimer’s and Parkinson’s disease, diabetes, spinal cord injury, heart disease, stroke, arthritis, and cancer

yes this is great

but not the same as kat modding

do you agree with the so called designer babys????

this could go on couldnt it

love a debait :thumbsup:

A lot of people argue with stem cell research - mainly because they are 'undeveloped cells' - from things such as placenta's etc..

As for the designer baby - im glad you brought that up - I thought about it in the last post, but was going on a bit as it was.

Okay - Mr and Mrs Jones want a blonde, blue eyed little girl - is it right for them to get to choose that? Or should nature take its course?

People have different opinions on this.

but how about Mr and Mrs Jones baby has a high risk of Down Syndrome - is it right if that can be spotted and changed to stop it happening?

you will argue its completley different - But its not - from a scientific point of view, your doing the same thing, albeit for different reasons.

But in my eyes - its like laser eye treatment - originally only for the very rich who did it to avoid wearing glasses - but as time has gone by, and it has been done more, prices drop - it becomes accessable to more people.

Right now its at about a grand an eye - and its still a vainity thing - BUT, one day there will be no need for glasses. Eyesight down a bit sir - look here and we'll have it sorted in a jiffy for a tenner... and imagine if it leads to being able to cure blindness...

As much as you can argue doing things for 'fashionable' reasons is not moral - what it offers is a way to advance and finanace some of the cutting edge developments - going back to the original point..

If we can develop a cat that doesnt set off allergies - that is a major stepping stone to being able to cure humans of allergies, whether animal, nut, or asthma...

So i'm all for it, because im all for anything that moves our technical abilities onward..

:lol::lol:

interesting comeback...

On a seperate (but similar point) I got an email the other week - one of these spam things from an 'animal rights' person, with a list of products that everyone should boycott because they are tested on animals..

on the list - i kid you not...

was Cat food.

Yep, this person was complaining that they tested cat food on animals...

:lol:

just off to my local corner shop to get some milk that has been lovingly eased out of a cows uder so i can have a cup of tea :drool:

:toast::toast: :D :D

briliant

you will like this fidget

http://hedweb.com/hillman/animpain.htm

look at the method for killing fish. :lol:

that some work that 650,000 ton :2guns::canadian:

its the table at the bottom

Ahh - but fish arent cute and fluffy - so of course the animal activists dont care about them...

infact, dont many veggies say 'oh i eat fish'... as if it isnt meat - even though it probably is the most inhumane way of killing an animal - it suffocating?

just another example of why these people have all their priorities ars about face..

Ahh - but fish arent cute and fluffy - so of course the animal activists dont care about them...

infact, dont many veggies say 'oh i eat fish'... as if it isnt meat - even though it probably is the most inhumane way of killing an animal - it suffocating?

just another example of why these people have all their priorities ars about face..

Indeed - I just don't understand that view point. Also, over fishing is something that's considerably damaging our environment, depleting marine stocks and endangering many species in the process.

Indeed - I just don't understand that view point. Also, over fishing is something that's considerably damaging our environment, depleting marine stocks and endangering many species in the process.

yeah, apparantly cod is an endagered species...

You dont hear the lentilists crying out about that do you though!

I must admit, I have never understood vegetarians who eat fish.... slightly hypocritical really. If you have strong enough beliefs to change your dietary habits you should do it the whole hog (scuse the slight pun). It would be like a vegan wearing pearls, drinking milk or having leather seats in their cars.

You can't really pick and choose. You either are a vegetarian and choose not to eat any meat derived from an animal or you arent.

In fact, all the varieties of vegetarianism include the non-consumption of fish. :unsure:

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links