Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Buying Advice

sparco_blues

Hi there, Im going to be buying a 1992 3.0 Turbo Manual supra can anyone tell me what i should be looking for when i go to view it?

What advice would you guys give?

cheers, Mike

I Beg to Differ Adi, When I stripped out the interior in my K plate, I could see daylight through both the rear arches :blink: It also had a small patch on the a pillar and rear spoiler mount, as well as the usual arch lip and lower door skin.

My 88 however is spotless :D

Cheers for the advice, however im still yet to find what im looking for can anyone help...

What im after

1990-92 Supra mk3 3.0 Turbo

Would prefer manual

Black

Milage less than 140K if possible

fsh

no rust or very little

£2000 budget

anyone able to help, also if anyone knows any companies that might be of use please let me know

• 3 weeks later...

Prices are slowly creaping up, and to find a rust free manual turbo with a full service history is a tall measure... especially for 2k.

Have you considered and import? they are usually 100% rust free... I highly reccomend the 2.5 TT.

Have you considered and import? they are usually 100% rust free... I highly reccomend the 2.5 TT.

So do I :) Stupidly good cars for the money and mine seems in good nick for a 15 year old car, great engine and not a hint of rust anywhere. Just need to get round to polishing the other side of it lol.

• 2 months later...

Well I got one :)

1990 3.0 Turbo Auto in Black, £700 needs work doing though...

Ive got it off road at the moment going for a full engine rebuild due to a knocking noise coming from the engine, this will be my new project car :D

Good stuff!!!! 7Ms are fairly easy to buid up well, as parts are readily avaliable. If you need to know anything, just ask. Avoid the eBay cossie boys head gasket sets.. they are a felse economy, anything else you need to know, ask here or on my forum ;)

Are you going to uprate the engine, or just rebuild?

Good stuff!!!! 7Ms are fairly easy to buid up well, as parts are readily avaliable. If you need to know anything, just ask. Avoid the Ebay cossie boys head gasket sets.. they are a felse economy, anything else you need to know, ask here or on my forum ;)

Are you going to uprate the engine, or just rebuild?

Little bit of both as regards to the rebuild, I'm on the mkiii owners club forum and I see Summit do a rebuild kit for the bottom end, thinking of getting that, also need to get a full gasket kit, but I will get an uprated head gasket along with ARP head bolts etc...

Only looking at running about 300-350bhp so no need to go to extreme with the rebuild, for now anyway :)

Furry muff.... Although when building bottom ends I always try to aim for higher then you really need. -it always pays to build it stonger then it should need to be!! -even if it means that the money spent ont eh strenghtening bits means you can;t spent it on other bits like air filteers, turbos etc for now.. they can be bolted on at any time, but its a PITA to uprate internals in an engine thats in the car so to speak ;)

A well built engine should be fine at the power without spending a fortune. same targets I have in mind :thumbsup:

I'm just waiting to save up enough cash to do the rebuild at the mo, but I will try and get the best (well toughest) parts available, also gonna look into new intercooler, radiator, basically I want a bullit proof engine with a cooling system to match, ive heard the cooling system can be the weak link :s

Any info on parts or places to get advice would be very helpful, cheers...

The cooling system is fine if it has not been neglected, unfortunately most have... A new water pump and a nice fluidyne rad should be good ;) I'd also lose the EGR system,

You are also going to bneed to find a good, reputable machine shop that you can trust ;)

Thats the bit Im having trouble with finding somewhere to get some of the work done, I dont facing doing the valves or the bottom end bits myself... Any advice for places to go in the South, Cars a bit poorly to drive long distance?

EGR??? Is that the heating system, or part of it should i say?

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links