Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

New Yaris Ts

Yaris SR Kid

Toyota today unveiled the Yaris TS — a high-performance version of its compact four-door hatch. The car was first previewed in concept form in February. It is powered by a 130 hp 1.8-litre petrol engine with Dual VVT-i. Peak horsepower is achieved at t 6,000rpm and maximum torque of 173Nm at 4,400rpm. Working with a five-speed manual gearbox, it gives zero to 62 mph acceleration in 9.3 seconds and a top speed of 120 mph.

The Yaris platform has been adapted to give the TS handling to match its increased power and performance. Modifications to the suspension and steering make spirited driving more enjoyable. At the front it has a black mesh grille with a clear TS Badge, darkened headlamp surrounds and a deeper bumper with integrated fog lights. The rear bumper has also been redesigned, with an integrated chrome-finished sports exhaust tailpipe and fog lights. The rear lamp clusters adopt an LED-style design. Seventeen-inch alloy wheels are fitted as standard and the body gains deep side skirts and a roof spoiler.

Picture

Picture 2

if those performance figures are true then i'm better off with my current ts which is 0-62 in 9 secs.

basically it's going to cost more than the current ts did, have a larger engine and use more fuel, have more torque and HP but slower than current ts

Hmmm

don't see the point really

Don't like the five door version........................hope they are going to do a three door

Rubbish as doesnt look much better than standard! Poor use of a larger engine but engine im sure there is lots of power there to unlock due to it being probably designed more for economy! Also it is a fat car so if lightened alot may shift better. However it's not really small enough to have the ideal small car handling charecteristics which would let it off for it's underpowering!

Needs lots of aftermarket products to make it as appealing as the old STANDARD Tsport!

Based on those figures then the Mk 1 T Sport is the one to have with O – 62 in 9 seconds and a book speed of 118mph (where permitted) :yahoo:

A 1.8 130bhp is slower on take off and only 2mph quicker.

I will start a poll and say the new YTS will be at least 15k

The Mk 1 rules! :thumbsup:

0-62mph @ 9.3 seconds

I could probably get the same acceleration times out of my Yaris RS with the 1NZ-FE

The Automobile Journalists Association of Canada did their own independent 0 - 100 km/h acceleration tests of the new Yaris with the 1.5 1NZ-FE, and it was 9.4 seconds...

Cheers

Wasn't that 1.8 engine supposed to be based around the current Corrola T-sport or Celica engine?? If so, why is it only producing a measley 130bhp??

My D4D is only just over a second slower to 60!

Thats er the time it takes to say 'one second' nothing!

Thats ******* ***** !!!!!!!!!!

But surely if its a 1.8 theres loads of potential? :huh:

Plus would be much better if it was VVTL-i rather than Dual VVT-i

But heres some ways to make it look much better :thumbsup:

http://www.c-one.co.jp/zoom-2006/new_vitz-f2.jpg

http://www.c-one.co.jp/aero-zoom_image/newvitz_f.jpg

http://www.c-one.co.jp/zoom-2006/new_vitz-r.jpg

Awful!? I bet you don't find many people that agree!!! I certainly don't!! :lol:

The C-ONE Kit is just plain ugly...The JDM Toyota offerings are much nicer IMO...

Awful!? I bet you don't find many people that agree!!! I certainly don't!! :lol:

The C-ONE Kit is just plain ugly...The JDM Toyota offerings are much nicer IMO...

If you think those C-ONE kits above are ugly then maybe this is more to your taste.

http://www.c-one.co.jp/zoom-2006/90vitz_f.jpg

http://www.c-one.co.jp/zoom-2006/90vitz_r.jpg

Nice but not as extreme, more subtle :thumbsup:

I want those wheels :drool:

Nice one Musashi.

Je veux une nouvelle TS...

A

Great photos.

The new Yaris T Sport looks unbelievably disappointing. Bigger slower and it will be more expensive to run (1.8 engine) in fuel and road tax for only average performance.

It seems like another ‘Warm Hatch’. Bear in mind the new Corsa VXR is just around the corner and will blow the YTS away in performance looks and price.

This is an own goal by Toyota. I for one am not drawn to this car in any way, they would have been better bringing out a Phase III of the previous shape.

What until you hear the price!!

Problem is aswell i would buy a "hot hatch" for quick acceleration. What they have designed is a comfier cruiser than the existing yaris. Pointless if you ask me as ithas stupidly large wheels with no power behind them! A largeish wheel base? (Just a guess but it seems larger than existing Tsport) so Probably worse handling etc. I think people who would be attracted to the existing yaris would consider this (i.e. not a sport model just the top of the range one) However the price will put everyone off and will just move elsewhere. There are very few cars across the board that i would buy new as most of older models attract me more so i could see myself buying an Old Tsport then a Jap Older model car after that.

This car's a waste of time, it would be acceptable if at a normal price but as it will no doubt be extortionate with no savings on tax n mpg as bigger engine so no reason to buy it :wacko: Get the D-4D, Chip it, few more cheapish mods, lot less money, much faster car :wacko:

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links