Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Engine Noise ?

shurm

When I accelerate hard in 2nd and the lift kicks in I get a terrible vibrating noise happen, I've checked under the car for anything loose i.e. heat shields etc and i've checked under the bonnet but all seems fine. Anyone else had something similar ? Only seeems to do it in 2nd when pushed hard.

Cheers

Really :blink: Have you had it happen ? Does it in 1st as well I've since noticed, didn't use to do it in any gear i'm sure.

Hello mate

If your car is under warranty get it back in mate and let them have a look :thumbsup:

jerry!!

Really :blink: Have you had it happen ? Does it in 1st as well I've since noticed, didn't use to do it in any gear i'm sure.

I did on my old T-Sport but I thought that was just the way it was :rolleyes:

Try it, as it may be a different effect in your case.

I think its coming from the engine ? but it only does it under load and it still revs freely and pulls right through the redline, it just sounds really harsh like somethings loose, thanks for the help anyway.

I have the same noise or a similiar one, does it most in 2nd and 3rd gear if I take my foot of the accelerator and the engine is slowing the car, the best way I can dscribe it is like a metallic scraping noise a little like a loose camchain on my Honda CBR600...

Mine is only when accelerating hard past the lift when I back off it goes or I put the clutch in it disappears.

Thanks again for the suggestions.

I have the same noise or a similiar one, does it most in 2nd and 3rd gear if I take my foot of the accelerator and the engine is slowing the car, the best way I can dscribe it is like a metallic scraping noise a little like a loose camchain on my Honda CBR600...

all cts make that noise when backing off the revs... i never beleived it at first but its a characteristic of the car. :thumbsup:

all cts make that noise when backing off the revs... i never beleived it at first but its a characteristic of the car. :thumbsup:

Same with mine although I only tend to notice it in 3rd.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links