Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Info On Backbox's

Keir

:)

I've been searching google and these forums and just cant find everything I need to know. some people are saying fitting a backbox with a big bore will make the car slower, it will fail its M.O.T on presure or something..

Basicly Im after a new backbox for the looks and sound.

Can someone just simplify it down for me please :yes:

Its not a negative thing its just finding the right one for you and your car.

As a loss in back pressure will not help your car.

but also making it try and squeeze air out of a straw is also not good.

I guess the obvious choice would be to go for a TTE Sports Silencer as they do make them for your model and you'd expect/hope that they were designed to work properly - especially as they sell 4 different versions for the E11.

Any links to TTE backboxes for AE111's

And any part numbers?

Are they available through Toyota Dealers?

No idea where you can buy them apart from Mr T. You can go to the TTE Webby and have a look at what they have on offer though, but from what I remember they only do backboxes for E11 and E12 models.

As I said above, the easiest place to get TTE parts from is you friendly neighbourhood Toyota Dealer. Short of getting lucky on eBay you'll struggle to find TTE parts anywhere else imo.

MiniMarc

E11 ‘code’ appears to be AE111 model so that’s fine.

Many thanks for that web link, however they are in Gemany, does that mean I can still order from a UK Toyota Dealership.

Also those part numbers (e.g. AM27323 – Twinpipe back box) don’t actually look like Toyota part numbers.

Also I see thay do have EEC approval (can even download the certificate) which would be helpful if say you were stopped by police or questions asked at M.O.T time.

And lastly I see that the exhaust backboxes are actually made by Remus Exhausts (it’s stated on the EEC/TUV certificate.

Shame they don’t do stuff for 1970’s and 80’s Toyotas

***Update***

Have just popped out at Lunchtime to local dealership ...

...they CANNOT get them :crybaby:

They pointed out they can only get a few certain TTE items and even then part number is required. I did show TTE part number, to which parts chappy was greatful but alas ..not available/unable to order for Great Britain.

I would like to stress that my local dealership were not being awkward as they spent along time going through the parts system, contacting head office, and trying other routes.

Incidently I know my local dealership would be trying their best because I use them for getting 'normal' parts for 70's and 80's J-tin (yes alot of 1970's Toyota parts are still available from main dealer).

Parts chap expalined he himself is fed up of this situation from Toyota as he does feel Toyota UK are missing a 'market' with not making TTE items freely available in UK.

It is really strange as I took a list of all the TTE parts I wanted to my local dealer for my E12 and then gave me a list of prices back without any hassle?

On a similar note, there is a BNIB TTE back box on eBay right now for £50 buy it now for any E12 owners who have either a 1.4 or 1.6 petrol engine :)

"Toyota Corolla Rear Exhaust Box" might be a useful search for anyone interested.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links