Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Anyone Want To Sell Me Their Used Ps2?

Fizz

I know the wanted section dont get much traffic... so thought id post here as well.

I know eBay will be my best bet but i hate it hence why im asking here first.

Mine has died and wanting to replace it as i need to prepare for the nurburgring again for next year.. :P

Anyway.. let me know if you want to get rid or you know someone who is selling one.

Regards

Fizz

When you say, "Died," how so?

If it's the disk read error thing, then it's easily fixable...

Otherwise, mine was up for sale a while back, but I wanted to sell it with all it's games/ accessories.

The PS2's had a large quantity that suffered from a disk read error.

After time, a lot suffered from disk read errors, when trying to play games.

Put disc in, takes ageas to try and rear, then you get an error message on screen.

Some only had it with games, others with games & CD's, etc.

The reason behind the problem is the lasers in the PS2's.

You can buy replacement lasers for about £10 though.

It happened to mine, but I fixed it and it's worked brilliantly ever since.

Loads of kits on eBay. Just need to find out which laser your model of PS2 uses.

So do i go by the serial number on the unit to find which laser it uses or do i need to open it up?

Also.. how much would it cost me to do.. in addition to that it also making a really weird noise when trying to load... can that be related to the same issue?

Cost me about £10 to get a kit from eBay.

You can fit it yourself. Mine came with full and clear instructions, and even some lube for the roller arms for the disc tray.

Not sure on the noise issue I'm afraid. That could be related to the laser, fan, disc tray, etc.

Serial number on the back I believe. I'll have a butchers and see if I can dig up the info I had.

Identification of your PS2 here!!!

Quite a good guide HERE!!! on some solutions, but mine was solved by actually replacing the laser arm (which is when you'll need to identify it).

what type of noise is it.. isit a :g: clicking noise as its trying to load i think its all due to it not reading the disc and trys to play but cant due to the laser dead.. ;)

happened to mine :crybaby: but i just bought a new slimline one in the end as eventually i will put it in the mr2 :yahoo:

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links