Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

An Introduction

GreyRacer

Good evening, I've just found your forum and joined. I currently own a black MKII T-Sport. My first was a red MKI which I had lowered by Toyota. I'm slightly older than middle age but still a boy racer at heart since owning my first fast car, a Cooper in 1969. The T-Sport is the ultimate 'Q' car for me. The old boy in the Corolla, that is until they see the exhaust. Living in Southern Scotland we're more than used to the fast winding roads and I like to give the youngsters a run for the hard earned petrol. The only piece of advise from me at the moment is try the new Verdenstein Sportrac 3 tyres. Awsome in the wet.

Welcome.. and i agree, Vredestein tyres are vastly underated.. some people have never even heard of them.

Hey welcome to the club. Hope you like what you see on here :thumbsup: You will find that you will be able to pick up a lot of useful information on here about your car so enjoy.

jerry!!

welcome to the club grey racer glad to see were not all 20 year olds :thumbsup:

Welcome to our club :group-cuddles:

hope you enjoy it here :yahoo:

kimi xx

As the others have said welcome, reguards the Vredestein tyres i suspect that they would be more popular if people could actually pronounce what they wanted i can picture the scene...

Tyre sales person : what would sir like fitted...

T-Sport owner : some of them Vredwjhdfg, umm Vredhuggh, oh some Avon's would be great thanks... :thumbsup:

The only piece of advise from me at the moment is try the new Verdenstein Sportrac 3 tyres. Awsome in the wet.

I was looking at these tyres for mine after reading the review in Auto Express a few issues back. I live in Central Scotland but work in the extreme North at the moment (Wick) and the rain is a daily issue.

Did you fit standard size 195x55x16 or move up to the more common 205x50x16?

The standard Michelins on mine have only covered 16,000 and are not too bad a tyre, better than the Bridgestone Turanza fitted to my first TS anyway, but I'm a bit of sad git with tyres, only the best will do as it's all that's keeping me stuck to the road!

Regards

Snert

The only piece of advise from me at the moment is try the new Verdenstein Sportrac 3 tyres. Awsome in the wet.

I was looking at these tyres for mine after reading the review in Auto Express a few issues back. I live in Central Scotland but work in the extreme North at the moment (Wick) and the rain is a daily issue.

Did you fit standard size 195x55x16 or move up to the more common 205x50x16?

The standard Michelins on mine have only covered 16,000 and are not too bad a tyre, better than the Bridgestone Turanza fitted to my first TS anyway, but I'm a bit of sad git with tyres, only the best will do as it's all that's keeping me stuck to the road!

Regards

Snert

I like the Vredesteins over all the previous tyres I've used. The original Bridgestone EB40s were awfull and the Michelins very poor in the wet. I have the standard size as I did not want to change the rolling distance with the 205,50,16s. In the wet the Vredesteins are very competent and reassuring in high speed driving and cornering. I have noticed that my TC and ESP does not engage as often as previously. Incidentally I have fitted them to my daughter's Clio and my son's Vectra SRI with good results.

I would be interested to know from those of you who have fitted the wider tyre size have found to the readings of your speedo.

On my old Mk1 T-Sport I changed the tyres to 205-50-16's which are actually very close in height to the stock tyres.

The thing is, I totally messed up the handling even though I had TTE lowered springs fitted.

The car seemed to have more tyre squash and felt like it was leaning more.

I now figure that if a manufacture spends a fortune developing a car to handle with a certain size tyre then leave it alone ;)

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links