Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

£256 For A Service!

Jovensis

Are they serious? :eek:

Mr T in Cardiff want over 250 sheets to service the car and despite buying a warranty refuse to fix my squealing brakes saying they're not covered. Losing oil rapidly which they think is normal and this morning the windoe seal has been dragged down when i opened the window.

My first and probably last Toyota, I bought the car on it's reputation which I have to say is unjustified given the problems I've had and the rip off customer service.

Hmm. Sounds like a dealer issue. Our local dealer has always given very good service, they even replaced all the alloys on my wife's Yaris under warranty when they started to show some corrosion.

The car was bought 2nd hand from the dealer and considering it was 3 years old I didn't expect 4 brand new wheels as their first offer.

My experience is that dealers across the country do vary in their standards regardless of the make of car they sell. Might be worth trying another dealer?

Hmm. Sounds like a dealer issue. Our local dealer has always given very good service, they even replaced all the alloys on my wife's Yaris under warranty when they started to show some corrosion.

The car was bought 2nd hand from the dealer and considering it was 3 years old I didn't expect 4 brand new wheels as their first offer.

My experience is that dealers across the country do vary in their standards regardless of the make of car they sell. Might be worth trying another dealer?

Blimey! Just rang Newport for a quote and they want £300! I reckon if I keep going I could find a £1000 service. Rip off merchants :ffs:

shoto i notice you live in notts. i do too. maybe we have some good dealers here. i have always found them helpful and prices low.

about £100 lower than jovensis

Jovensis; ring Toyota UK customer care and put your complaints to them. They can advise you with regard to what you are entitled to under your extended warranty.

Are they serious? :eek:

Mr T in Cardiff want over 250 sheets to service the car and despite buying a warranty refuse to fix my squealing brakes saying they're not covered. Losing oil rapidly which they think is normal and this morning the windoe seal has been dragged down when i opened the window.

My first and probably last Toyota, I bought the car on it's reputation which I have to say is unjustified given the problems I've had and the rip off customer service.

I have just had the brake squeal on my T-Spirit fixed at Toyota in Warrigton, Cheshire by changing the front brake pads.

The crucial point as to whether any work can be done under warranty is the phrase "...fair wear and tear". In my case, with only 6k miles on the clock, there would be no problem.

Nevertheless, any decisions on warranty work should be according to the provisions of Toya GB Warrany Agreement and not interpreted differently depending on the Dealer.

As mentioned, take your case to Toyota GB Customer Support regarding the brake problem. However, the cost of servicing does vary wildly depending where you live and there does'nt seem to be anything you can do about that.

Servicing sounds reasonable compared to my Rover Metro which I serviced 13 years ago, minor service was about £70 and major service was about £250-£300

Then cars were serviced every 6,000 and at 12,000 was a major requiring new sparks, air filter, coolant. (and perhaps gearbox). - These days cars go for 10,000 and even at 20,000 no new spark or air filter may be required, and with long life coolant that doesn't need changing either. Some cars have sealed for life gearboxes too.

I'm glad I got the Avensis, it's in the Mondeo and Vectra class so should be cheap as a Ford to service.

Contrasted to my Mercedes which costs £200+ VAT just for a spark plug change :crybaby:

made all the worse by them having TWO spark plugs per cylinder :wacko:

Cost me £700 for a major service :crybaby: and that's with 40% discount on labour and 10% on parts for Mercedes older than 6 years old.

I paid that much for a major service AND a Aircon regas at Mr T in Reading.

They were good there cant knock them.

As for your breaks ...are they worn or is this the AVENSIS squeek at low speeds ie just as you come to a stop....?

If it is then this is a warranty issue where they place anti squeeking shims on your front breaks....I had that on the T3 I had and then also on the T4 Avensis which I have kept...

Think you've got a bad MR T Apple in your area...would suggest you call Toyota UK custservices and complain!!!

mates just had a 30,000mile service on a corolla T Sport for £86 in burton on trent

mates just had a 30,000mile service on a corolla T Sport for £86 in burton on trent

Just had my 2004 Avensis auto in for a 40K service in Perth, Scotland and was pleasantly surprised that it only cost £101 inc Vat. Sounds like a bargain

My dads had his car serviced it had only done 44k but was due for a 60k service Cos the cars 6 years old he payed just shy of 200 quid. My old corolla was just under 180 for a major service and health check was 85 quid. That did include a 10% loyalty discount. When i used to drive rovers i paid 280 quid for a service and just over 500 quid for a 60k service and cambelt. When i had my first car a fiat punto i took that for a service and sufferd open wallet surgery 650 quid. My avensis is due its 20k service next month i'll get that done at work aint trusting local dealer with my pride and joy.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links