Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Ipod Nano

Demonic Angel

I dont tend to buy stuff immediately after it comes out, I wait for it to get a bit cheaper and then I consider buying it :lol: (cheapskate; I'm afraid so!)

Its the Ipods 5th birthday today (apparently!) and to celebrate I've seen an 2Gb Ipod Nano for sale which I really like - holds 500 songs which is more than enough for me and very sexy in white. ;)

I know they have a few "issues", especially in the press recently with virus' etc and easily scratched, but are they a worthy buy?

There are loads of MP3 players out there I know and to be honest most of them fade into obscurity. I could get a cheap one for like £20 but there seems to be something incredibly endearing about the Ipod Nano.

Basically, should I invest in one or should I forget it?

Can I transfer my existing MP3 catalogue from the lappy over to the Ipod or do I have to do it all through I-tunes?

Ipod Shuffle is cheaper, but is it just as good as the Nano?

The Nano is a nice bit of kit. If its the rev1 it does scratch exceptionally easily, so get a case with it, not sure about the rev2 but if I believe the marketing hype they've fixed the scratching, and the Battery life is enhanced significantly. My Ex's Nano also crashed quite frequently for seemingly no reason at all. Easy to fix (temporarily) though.

You can just drag and drop mp3s to it, but it is better if you use i-tunes to manage it.

The shuffle is ok, but you'll be annoyed with yourself that you didn't get a Nano!

Another good reason to get an i-pod - there are so many manufactorers that do car kits for them - get the stereo upgraded, an i-pod kit, and your away! :)

have to say i love the I-pods! when it first came out i really didnt see the point in them and i thought it was just another gadget that everyone would have. It was only recently where i borrowed my sisters Ipod nano (not sure what rev it is but she got it last xmas) coz i was doing a lot of travelling to wales n back by plane/trains (cheapr than taking the car :crybaby: ) etc n i have to say i was well impressed! excellent sound quality and easy to use, kept me entertained for hours! and without it ever crashing on me, pretty trouble free so far! tho the screen is a bit scratched (not me!! :eek: ) coz some of the skins taht you can get doesnt really protects the screen! and my sis got a pink one, which i carefully remove from the nano and place it in a safe place!! :D i have seen hard cases for them tho which looks pretty slick.

I bought the woman a new pink 4gb nano last month. Have to say they're pretty cheap and ipods are the dogs danglies!!!! :D

1gb nano here with no trouble in the last 7 months.

I tunes is a piece of pee to use & from memory you can import playlists from WMP.

J

Well I did order my white 2Gb Nano, although I'm wishing I got a 4Gb one now as I already have shed loads of tracks waiting to go on!

Hopefully will arrive tomorrow and I can't wait :D

see i was right, everyone has or getting a Ipod these days!! :D

saying that i do have a ipod on my xmas wish list this year! not sure whether to go for the 4gb nano or the 30gb beast! hmmm.... :unsure:

I've a 30gb Video i-pod and tbh i never use it - it sits plugged into the 360 and every now and again i play music while on the xbox . If it wasnt a gift i'd have sold it by now :D

Has anyone got a ipod with a broken hard drive?

I want to use a spare 1.8" tosh laptop drive in one & see if it works

J

I've a 30gb Video i-pod and tbh i never use it - it sits plugged into the 360 and every now and again i play music while on the xbox . If it wasnt a gift i'd have sold it by now :D

hmm interesting, didnt think you could do that? so can you play ipod music whilst playin ANY games?? coz on the old xbox you could record music onto the hard drive then play it whilst playing a game, but that only worked on certain games tho.

Mum and dad is of to Hong Kong and i have requested for them to bring back a ipod for me, i did mentioned i wanted a 30gb one but my mum was like would u not rather have the 80gb one, n i was like HELL YEA!! :D x100 so hopefully i'll get that. :yahoo:

hmm interesting, didnt think you could do that? so can you play ipod music whilst playin ANY games?? coz on the old xbox you could record music onto the hard drive then play it whilst playing a game, but that only worked on certain games tho.

Mum and dad is of to Hong Kong and i have requested for them to bring back a ipod for me, i did mentioned i wanted a 30gb one but my mum was like would u not rather have the 80gb one, n i was like HELL YEA!! :D x100 so hopefully i'll get that. :yahoo:

yup any 360 game , plugs into the controller port .

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links