Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Noisy Clutch

tsportkid

I used to be a finance manager for a toyota dealer 3 years ago. I decided to trade in a passat tdi 130 for an 03 cts in red with full leather and sat nav done 47k. I had driven 3 demo cars over 2 years so know what to expect. After test drive in the car noticed the clutch juddering on pull away. Asked the dealer to look at it and they suggested the car had been stood for a while and would be ok after possible corrosion build up on clutch face. To cut along story short, the cts went back in after 1 week for a new clutch.

Cts now makes a nasty grinding noise on overrun in 3rd and on acceleration at around 3000 to 4000 rpm accompanied by a bad vibration thru the clutch pedal when changing up a gear.

Car now back into dealer 23/10 for another new clutch. Dealer reckons I am driving the car too hard!

Things I have noticed so far;

Intermittent goes like **** of a stick to about as fast as a slug (air mass meter fault)?

Drivers speaker blown, being replaced under warranty.

needed four wheel alignment check after front tyres bald on outsides

And the clutch

Appart from this very happy and when going like **** of a stick had a duel with a focus st 222hp new shape and stayed with him to 120 mph :yahoo: off her majestys highways of course.

Any help appreciated

I used to be a finance manager for a toyota dealer 3 years ago. I decided to trade in a passat tdi 130 for an 03 cts in red with full leather and sat nav done 47k. I had driven 3 demo cars over 2 years so know what to expect. After test drive in the car noticed the clutch juddering on pull away. Asked the dealer to look at it and they suggested the car had been stood for a while and would be ok after possible corrosion build up on clutch face. To cut along story short, the cts went back in after 1 week for a new clutch.

Cts now makes a nasty grinding noise on overrun in 3rd and on acceleration at around 3000 to 4000 rpm accompanied by a bad vibration thru the clutch pedal when changing up a gear.

Car now back into dealer 23/10 for another new clutch. Dealer reckons I am driving the car too hard!

Things I have noticed so far;

Intermittent goes like **** of a stick to about as fast as a slug (air mass meter fault)?

Drivers speaker blown, being replaced under warranty.

needed four wheel alignment check after front tyres bald on outsides

And the clutch

Appart from this very happy and when going like **** of a stick had a duel with a focus st 222hp new shape and stayed with him to 120 mph :yahoo: off her majestys highways of course.

Any help appreciated

as for the clutch thing mine was sqeaky n shuddering too .now in the engine on the clutch mechanism there is a ball and joint incased in rubber hosing which i oiled.!Removed! of a job.ended up wiv a can of wd40.done the job though n its grand npw

• 2 weeks later...

dahat, did you spray the WD40 directly into the rubber ball joint? Or just sprayed a shed load of WD40 in the general area?

Because im getting, a sqeak when l depress the clutch.

depress the clutch first with your hand then sprayed wd 40 all over the clutch area pump it a few time if it still sqeak do it a few more time's.

np :) it annoy the crap of me to when my pedal was sqeaking.

just make sure you stick your head under the pedal and look, sprayed mostly on moving parts of the clutch,watch out !!!!!! wd40 gonna get all over your face :D :D but the end result would be worth it :thumbsup:

wd40 gonna get all over your face
LOL

Your advice worked perfectly, bit of a !Removed! to see under there hold the pedal down and spray WD40. But got there non the less, and NO SQEAKING !!! :D

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links