Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Problems With My Windscreen

devon_guy

I've got a new yaris and for the last few days everytime I get into my car the front windscreen is literally dripping with condensation. Not just steamed up it's soaking. All the windows are up, the boot is shut properly as well as the doors and the vents are left open and the vents are on fresh rather than recirc. So has anyone got any ideas why it is getting so wet?

Hi Devon

You have a water leak into the car. The water laying in the car evaporates, then condenses out onto the coldest surface- the windows. If you have air conditioning- look in the passenger foot well for the drain tube. Make sure it passes through the grommet in the floor and out to atmosphere. This will quickly fill the footwell when the A/C is in use. When you have found and corrected your water leak, you can use the A/C to help dry out the inside by running the A/C and the heater at the same time. The A/C will dry the air and the heater will heat it and blow it into the cabin taking the hot moist air out through the boot vents. Better still take it back to your supplier for some obvious warranty work. Regards Ray

If I leave the air vents set to the windscreen setting only, or even sometimes the windscreen & whatever else setting overnight then I have seen a patch (sometimes two) of condensation form, on the previous Yaris this was a patch of frost on one occasion! There was one day when Id left it parked up whilst at work & on return to it the whole windscreen was dripping & I had left the vents set to windscreen...if they are set to, say, forward facing or the footwell then it doesnt happen at all. I have the vents on fresh too, not recirc.

As long as I dont leave them on any windscreen setting the problem never happens.

I've got a new yaris and for the last few days everytime I get into my car the front windscreen is literally dripping with condensation. Not just steamed up it's soaking. All the windows are up, the boot is shut properly as well as the doors and the vents are left open and the vents are on fresh rather than recirc. So has anyone got any ideas why it is getting so wet?

That is not really problems with your windscreen................it is problems with condensation on your windscreen

Sounds like another trip to the dealer then :thumbsup:

Just one thought...............have you been getting into the car with wet feet and clothes after heavy rain and have you checked your carpets/mats to see if they are wet?

If it's that bad, I reckon there's an air leak somewhere round the windscreen.

Take it back to your dealer. ;)

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links