Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Uk Speedometer

Violin

Hello from the United States!

I posted this on another thread, but I think the bickering that preceded my post kept people away.

One of the main reasons I joined this forum was to find out about the speedometer you folks get on the Yaris hatchback. In the US the Yaris is marketed as an economy car and the gauge cluster is... well... uninspiring. We don't even get a tachometer - manual transmission or not.

Many of us are upgrading our cars and a better looking speedometer is something many would like.

I understand that yours is digital and is switchable between km. and miles. That would be great because many of us travel into Canada where they use the metric system.

I haven't been able to find a photo of your speedometer anywhere. Would one of you be so kind as to post a photograph of the cluster from the new model Yaris (or a link to a photo)?

Also, are there any shops that you know of that sell Toyota parts intended for the British market overseas? (I have had great luck with japanparts.com for JDM parts.)

Thanks for any help.

Hello and welcome to TOC U.K.

You could try www.toyota.co.uk which is Toyota GB's own website then follow the links to the Yaris :thumbsup:

Good luck

I dont no were you could get the part from to be honest as wont it have the mileage on the speedo and this would be incorrect if you swapped it!

Thanks for the photo. What color is that? - it looks more aqua than blue in the photo.

Someone played around swapping the Canadian speedometer in and found that if you transplanted the chip on the cluster, the mileage moves with it. Unfortunately, that one reads in kilometers and is not switchable.

I'm hoping to get a group buy of 10 or more of these if we can find a supplier.

I dont no were you could get the part from to be honest as wont it have the mileage on the speedo and this would be incorrect if you swapped it!

Thanks for the photo. What color is that? - it looks more aqua than blue in the photo.

Someone played around swapping the Canadian speedometer in and found that if you transplanted the chip on the cluster, the mileage moves with it. Unfortunately, that one reads in kilometers and is not switchable.

Do you want brand new speedo or used? If you are looking for used speedo, anyone who is close to a scrap yard can get you 10 almost instantly...

I can probably find you one or two within 30mins round my area :P

Do you want brand new speedo or used? If you are looking for used speedo, anyone who is close to a scrap yard can get you 10 almost instantly...

I can probably find you one or two within 30mins round my area :P

Whoa hold on there!!

Violin was looking for a photo of the NEW YARIS speedo. (The posted photo was from a Mk1, they are quite different)

They can be found on the Toyota GB site...............I doubt that many have found their way into scrap yards yet.

The colour is officially green.............but it does have a blueish hue :thumbsup:

Whoa hold on there!!

Violin was looking for a photo of the NEW YARIS speedo. (The posted photo was from a Mk1, they are quite different)

They can be found on the Toyota GB site...............I doubt that many have found their way into scrap yards yet.

The colour is officially green.............but it does have a blueish hue :thumbsup:

Oh I see.... I got confused since the photo was posted... and didn't realise that he was looking for the speedo for the New Yaris~

:P

The only photo I could find on www.toyota.co.uk was at a distance. It was a little hard to make out the details. You folks get a much nicer interior than we do!

I understand that yours is digital and is switchable between km. and miles. That would be great because many of us travel into Canada where they use the metric system.

Thanks for any help.

As far as I can find out the switch from miles to km is done at the dealer with a 'box of tricks' that plugs into the under dash connector, I will have a play with mine later to see if I can change it and report back.

The colour is the green/blue of a GFD (Gas flourescent display) like the older type of digital clock (showing my age now!)

Also the display is 'handed' with a different layout for RHD and LHD (it is angled toward the driver){from what I can see of the unit the display is generated below and reflected by a mirror to be viewed, it looks further away than it isdue to the reflection}

So in a UK one (RHD) if viewed from the left seat you don't see the fuel gague or most of the rev counter! (just ask my partner, I say fuel is low she tries to see and ends up on my lap{thats another story!!})

I can't help with the actual question, but have you tried doing a search for a used Yaris on www.toyota.co.uk, or even www.autotrader.co.uk ? You might find a better picture of what you want that way.

As far as I can find out the switch from miles to km is done at the dealer with a 'box of tricks' that plugs into the under dash connector, I will have a play with mine later to see if I can change it and report back

The switch from miles to Km is done by the driver pressing the button adjacent to the display.

It really is that easy.................read your handbook :thumbsup:

The only photos I can find are of the whole dash...

specials_yaris_2.jpg

However, it then occured to me!

Steve - get out your camera mate and take a photo of yours! :thumbsup:

The switch from miles to Km is done by the driver pressing the button adjacent to the display.

It really is that easy.................read your handbook

Ah yes, only the speed changes, I had confused myself as I was thinking of the cruise info and odo which stay in miles..... silly me!

Violin

Something that I have mentioned on another forum (www.yarisworld.com/forums/) where I also posted detailed photos, you should be looking at a mainland Europe country to source the instrument cluster and not the UK or Republic of Ireland.

You need to get an instrument cluster that is designed to be viewed from the left seat and not the right as the viewing angle and position of displays & warning indicators are different.

I suggest trying to find someone in The Netherlands, as that country has a high number of English Speakers.

post-14667-1163163308_thumb.jpghere is a photo of a U.K New Yaris speedo

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links