Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Changing Gear Stick To Quick Shift

Ckman85

hi, has anyone changed their gear sticks to the Quickshift gear stick? if so can some1 tell me how to take it off the gear linkage? also can u also tell me how to take out the gear stick? wud b gr8 help

:thumbsup:

get the TRD short shift you will save time and lot of hassle, i have fitted the tte one on my car and it was tricky and lot of hassle took just under an hour most of time was use trying to work out how to get the origina stick off without breaking anything and NO the tte instrction do not tell you how to take them off they just just show's you how to fit it .

what T128 says is correct, the TTE shift is a ballache to install and the TRD one is dead simple.

Only problem is TRD one comes in 6spd only, whereas the TTE one will fit both 5 and 6 spd therefore you are limited to either the TTE one, or the B&M short shifter.

lol, i actually recieved the TTE quickshift today, and i was attemping to install it, then i cudnt figure out how to disconnect the gear linkage and the actual gear stick. DAMNIT, so n e advise on how to take it off? :help:

what T128 says is correct, the TTE shift is a ballache to install and the TRD one is dead simple.

Only problem is TRD one comes in 6spd only, whereas the TTE one will fit both 5 and 6 spd therefore you are limited to either the TTE one, or the B&M short shifter.

Was looking at B&M website, they dnt seem to sell the quickshift for the E12

and yes ive got a 1.6 vvti so i cant fit the TRD one, damnit

just unscrew the linkage

for the gear stick thats the hard part unless you have the right tool for the job it can be very tricky,at the bottom of the stick there is a round plaster holding the end of the stick,you need to open both side of the plastic gap at the same time and the stick should come out bear in mind you have to be very carefull.

just wondering is you reverse gear position same as the tsport if is not then it would not fit unless you have a different tte shift then what i have.

just unscrew the linkage

for the gear stick thats the hard part unless you have the right tool for the job it can be very tricky,at the bottom of the stick there is a round plaster holding the end of the stick,you need to open both side of the plastic gap at the same time and the stick should come out bear in mind you have to be very carefull.

just wondering is you reverse gear position same as the tsport if is not then it would not fit unless you have a different tte shift then what i have.

nope, my reverse is located on the bottom right, whereas the T sport is located on the top left, but the TTE stick is designed for all E12 regarding on how many gears the car has

i cant quite remember just check it on the tte website you are right the little ball thing for the reverse can be turn either way you be fine.

£170ish.

i would actually cut the gear stick, and then reweld it, you get the same effect and its cheaper.

you say that but from your blue writing at the bottom of your post seems that idea is a bit late as you have already got the quickshift

Well I'd be willing to swap a hacksaw and a soldering iron for nrgizerbunny's quickshift. I'd pay postage costs of course :thumbsup:

Hey, i just managed to fit the quickshift, took me just a bit ova an hr, was anoying figuring out how to take the stick off, apart from that everything else was kinda straight forward :thumbsup:

just drove the car, the gears r closer, but not a lot closer and it feels stiffer going into gears, doesnt feel flimsy like normal stick :D

well i've done it now, but if you ahve a look on the toyota XRS forum (american T sport equivalent), those guys chop the stick.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links