Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Question About Qh Automotive Parts And Spark Plugs

LittleM@n

I've just bought a Quinton Hazell distribution kit for my mothers Carina E. It finally reached the 100000 km :D, and need to be replaced.

Saddly, but this was the only Carina distribution kit that I could find.

The question is: would you recommend this? Either for Carina or for Yaris. Cause I'll have to change some parts at my little Yaris (like igniton leads) and want to know if they're good, or I should try to find something else.

And the second question is: what spark plugs would be recommended? For the Yaris; and if you have any ideea for the Carina, any sugestion would be perfect (maybe the one for one of them is good for the other also).

I've just bought a Quinton Hazell distribution kit for my mothers Carina E. It finally reached the 100000 km :D, and need to be replaced.

Saddly, but this was the only Carina distribution kit that I could find.

The question is: would you recommend this? Either for Carina or for Yaris. Cause I'll have to change some parts at my little Yaris (like igniton leads) and want to know if they're good, or I should try to find something else.

And the second question is: what spark plugs would be recommended? For the Yaris; and if you have any ideea for the Carina, any sugestion would be perfect (maybe the one for one of them is good for the other also).

For the Yaris:

1.0l models up to Jun 2001: NGK BKR5EYA or Denso K16R-U (Gap 0.8mm)

1.0l models from 2001: Bosch FR7KCU (Gap 0.9-1.0mm) or Denso K20R-U11 (Gap 1.0-1.1mm)

BTW, use a 10mm Spark plug socket to get them in/out. And when finished, torque them up to 18Nm (13lbf ft)

And as far as I know, the Yaris use Direct Ignition System, which means that there is one ignition coil per spark plug, mounted directly over the plug, so there are no HT leads to change.

P.S. I am still a new owner, so any advance Yaris owners, correct me if I am worng. :)

Tnx for the answer.

As far as I can see, they are standard spark plugs...and I read that Iridium spark plugs are much better.

Can I get Iridium (or even platinum) spark plugs, or they don't make them for older engines?

Oh, at this link: http://www.globaldenso.com/cgi-bin/global/...p;action=search

I've found the denso code, the Iridium power code, and finally iridium tough code. So I can take that Iridium power code good for the Yaris (IK16)?

I wouldn't bother with Iridium plugs so long as you're checking the gapping at each service. So long as normal plugs are gapped right and giving a decent spark there's no benefits to going for expensive Iridium plugs.

If you read the documentation they normally say something along the lines of you need a good spark to get poower economy and Iridium plugs will give you a good spark. It's slightly misleading since it suggests that they will give a performance increase over normal plugs but that's not really the case

Tnx for the answer.

As far as I can see, they are standard spark plugs...and I read that Iridium spark plugs are much better.

Can I get iridium (or even platinum) spark plugs, or they don't make them for older engines?

Oh, at this link: http://www.globaldenso.com/cgi-bin/global/...p;action=search

I've found the denso code, the iridium power code, and finally iridium tough code. So I can take that Iridium power code good for the Yaris (IK16)?

I changed my spark plugs today to the standard NGK (single electrode) ones and I notice I do get better engine responce comparing to the old plugs placed in by the previous owner, which is GM FLR8LDCU (2 electrode type).

So my feeling is that the terms "better" should be related to the conditon and setting of the spark plugs rather than the type you will be using. (but obviously, you need the correct temperature type)

Why don't you take your old plugs out and see how they are doing? The condition of them will tell you if your engine needs tuning. You may be surprised after a proper tune on the air/fuel mixture...etc if they are out of tune. B)

Tnx a lot for the answers.

Of course a new plug is working better tha an old one, but I heard and read that the Iridium ones rezist more in time, so I'll give them a try.

Iv'e used Bosch Super 4 in my 1.0 Yaris (and several other cars) with faultless performance.

Mark

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links