Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Paint The Wing Mirrors?

anemo

I'm thinking of painting (color coding) the wing mirror housings. I've got a 1.0 -01 Yaris with black plastic mirror housings and wonder if the plastic can be primed and painted.

The reason why I'm asking is because some plastics don't seem to let the primer stick properly and, as a result, the paint crack and come loose.

Yeah, I got mine done for £30 cash when I was getting some chips repaired, looks a lot better.

I wasn't very impressed when a bit of paintwork pinged off as I was jetwashing it though but I think it was loose before I started washing it because I haven't had another problem since.

It might be a good idea to sand the plastic a little with a fine sandpaper to roughen the surface a little. But a good plastic primer should stick as long as the surface has been cleaned properly and the plastic is of the right kind.

Hey mate i did my wing mirrors and they look amazing if i do say so myself!

Sanded down

High build primer two coates

paint three coats

laquer two coats

Hey mate i did my wing mirrors and they look amazing if i do say so myself!

Sanded down

High build primer two coates

paint three coats

laquer two coats

Thanks for the info! I guess I will give it a try sometime in the near future... =)

i only spend £20 at a garage to do my SR abt 2 yrs ago together with my TTE lower spoiler. still in very gd condition, it makes a big difference, go for it.. :thumbsup:

Ray

i paid £120 altogether for the mirror and splitter at birmingham. I was referred to it by Yaris-Nut. The finishing result was very good, will post a pic up later. :thumbsup:

Ray

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links