Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

M.o.t. @ Toyota Dealer, Would You ?.

jf2404

Last week was my service and whilst that finished they said do i want to bring it back in for the first M.O.T. so it's booked in for that now.

Anyone done it through them before ?, do they just do a bog standard job or try and tell you it needs loads of things done ?.

An MOT is a set criteria of tests, they can't just show up a load of faults as you get a written VOSA report of any MOT Failing faults which you could hvae double checked at another MOT station, you'll be fine...

No... but there is a maximum they can charge.... £50.35 as of July 2006

Thanks.

Do I need to take anything with me, log book or insurance cert etc... ?, they never mentioned anything when i booked it.

Do M.O.T's cost the same everywere?

i have never had one before!

I didn't know they had a maximum price but I know it varies slightly. The thing you want to watch for is the price to fix any problems, the actual MOT should be pretty similar where ever you go but some places charge a lot more than others for repairs.

Free restests are kind of difficult as far as i know, this is because of the new computerised system now in use.. but i do beleive there is a "fast track" type of thing that can be done within 24 hours of the original test. Still worth asking about though.

I have never taken a car in for it's 1st MOT, so i'm not sure... i would take my reg documents etc with me.. there should be no need for isurance cert though.

Thanks lads.

I'll take my log book, if they need anything else then they should have told me.

Can't you give them a quick phonecall? That's what I'd do

I just recently had my T-Sport serviced and had the MOT done at the same time. No probs at all and passed MOT with flying colours.

Before I booked it, I phoned around a few dealers around here (Swindon, Basingstoke and Reading). Found that the price of the service did vary, but its seems that Toyota have a fixed priced MOTs - they all quoted the same, which was about £46 I think.

Go for it - doesn't really matter where you take your car for its MOT. I only took mine to Mr T as it needed its service at the same time (and as it is still in warranty I figured if there were any issues with the service or MOT, they could sort it!)

Just got back, passed with flying colours too.

Cost £44.30 .

Not sure about their "time scale" though, was booked in for 8:30am which I was there for 8:20, I waited until 10:10 when they said it was finished.

Only now when i've got back home it says "Time of test 9:25am", why make me get there that early when they do nowt for an hour.

Oh well, all sorted now, Service, M.O.T. & Insurance all sorted for another year, all cost just under the £600 mark in total. November is an expensive month.

A lot of dealerships sub-contract their mot's out and the svc dept notmally open at 8:30 and like to get people in so they know what there workload is...

I had mine done by Minories Toyota Co. Durham - £25.00

As it was the 1st MOT they asked if everything was ok? After I showed them the squeak on the clutch (of which Mr WD40 would have beed applied by myself) I ended up getting a new clutch all under warranty which expired 2 days later........... "RESULT"

Get the MOT done asap if your warranty has not expired, it was worth it for me!

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links