Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Plastic Strips

JimboCam

Hi, after parking my T sport on a narrow street I came back to find its been scratched but only ont he plastic strips around the wheel arch. Does anyone know why these are on the yaris and what they are covering? can you get replacements of these?

Cheers

James

but only ont he plastic strips around the wheel arch. Does anyone know why these are on the yaris

I did not know that the Yaris T Sport or any Yaris had plastic trim around the wheel arches.

They have wheel arch liners but they should not protrude outside the wheel arches.

Can you take some photos? :unsure:

Do you mean the clear plastic "stickers" just in front of the rear wheel arches? If so, they can be removed and replaced. See your Toyota dealer for prices or better still, ask an independent body shop to order them for you.

If that's what you mean, they were added by Toyota to the Yaris as an afterthought as that area seemed to get a lot of damage from stones being thrown up. Having said that, my last Yaris never had them fitted on the offside when that entire panel was replaced after a crash and never suffered at all.

Thanks alot for the help Al, the stickers are exactly what I meant.

Ill make a few phone calls and see what I can do now!

Cheers

James

If that's what you mean, they were added by Toyota to the Yaris as an afterthought as that area seemed to get a lot of damage from stones being thrown up. Having said that, my last Yaris never had them fitted on the offside when that entire panel was replaced after a crash and never suffered at all.

Mines does suffer badly from stone chips there. Its been resprayed in that area since i got it and its already covered in nice chips :(

Mine got scratched there... since they're a plastic coating, you can use a cutting polish with no ill-effect on the paintwork. T-cut normal, t-cut coloured, scratch-x and then autoglym super-resin and meguires tech-wax will get rid of the scratch no probs.

Yes, that's a lot of products, but they're worth it (especially the autoglym and tech-wax) the T-cut stuff is often found in poundshops, so that's easy to get hold of.

It'll be cheaper than toyota will charge for the plastic, and if you mess-up the fitment it'll cost more to re-do it all and may look a bugger.

I was going to ask the same question actually as mine are covered in stone chips. will give your idea a go seveer cheers!

If it is a stone chip surely it won't work as if the chip is down to metal then polishing it wont remove it? I just mean for the peeps with stone chips there rather then scratches that aren't down to metal work.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links