Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Front & Side Indicator Bulbs Changed Today

Mark H

Hi all,

New to your site. Can I just say after reading all the horror stories (of which there are plenty on the search) about changing the bulbs on the Yaris, I have done mine this weekend with no problems at all!

To be honest I was ready for the nightmare but imagine my joy on removing the front indicator bulb to find it orange. An easy swap. I assume the MK1 models are all the problem lights.

As for the side repeaters again no problems. I followed the search (can't remember name) where you drill small pilot holes around the back of the unit. Once there was a bit of play, pulling the back, side to side loosened the lense apart very quickly. Remove the 'vile' orange dome and clear silicon back up.

End result is spot on. Once I become a fully fledged member I can put some pics up of the end result (I assume this is the case on posting pictures).

Hope to speak more to you guys soon

Kind regards........... Mark

You can put up pics if they hosted on photobucket or the like! Sounds like a good job but the pilot hole bits sounds scary!

Welcome to TOC Mark.

Indicator bulb changes on the Yaris are easy...........................the real problems start when you need to change the headlight bulbs. (Particularly the nearside one)

Be prepared to loose some skin off your knuckles :D

Welcome to TOC Mark.

Indicator bulb changes on the Yaris are easy...........................the real problems start when you need to change the headlight bulbs. (Particularly the nearside one)

Be prepared to loose some skin off your knuckles :D

I changed my headlights without gloves, and didn't take anything else off the engine bay.... but I did it with no loss of skin and complete in 5 minutes!

Perhaps it's because I have a 1.0? Or am I just lucky? :lol:

Small hands ...

LOL.....................that is something I do not have Lorne :lol:

Small hands ...

LOL.....................that is something I do not have Lorne :lol:

:( I thought it was just me, atm I have one upgraded and one not on the nearside and am resigned to dropping out the fuse box to get the pesky connector off the back of the bulb having already drawn blood. God help anybody who has to replace it on a windswept night :lol:

First time I did mine was at 4am on the way to the airport - I had to drive 5 junctions of the M1 and didnt fancy it in october without 2 headlights.

If you can get just a finger and thumb on the sidelights you can turn the sidelights out and main beams are easier if anything...

... I have in the past had to 'assist' other members of TOC at meets!

It's about time they designed headlights that opened from the front ....... it would be miles easier :thumbsup: !

Thanks Clarky, I'll have another go at getting the socket off the back :thumbsup:

What might help is a mirror placed behind the light - that way you could see what you're doing?

Once you've figured out the spring clip bit its easy...

Weirdly I had to do the main beam in mine last night ...

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links