Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

3dr Yaris - Rear Cup Holders

lisag

I want to put my rear surface mount Speakers in the little space where the rear cup holders are next to the rear passenger seat. I have been trying to pop them out but they seem to be stuck in one corner - are they screwed and if so any idea how I unscrew them?

I believe they are stuck there, only way i can think is taking off that whole plastic card and looking at it from other side you wouldnt usually see!

Whats wrong with parcel shelf? lol

Ah, shame - with a screwdriver all the edges can be prised up and it looks like it is going to pop out - then gets stuck in one corner. The parcel shelf is too inconvenient (I take it out a lot to fold the back seats down) and too flimsy to take the weight of these monsters I have just bought!

If its too filmsy make a new one out of mdf - thats what i did. Means if you sell the car you still have the original parcel shelf too :thumbsup:

From what I remember there is a big bit of insulation stuck to the back of it so it is probably just a bit of glue holding it on.

The best thing to do would be to remove the whole card. It sounds/looks hard but it's easy, as it is just clipped in place.

The way I removed it was to remove the door sill and then that gave you something to yank on :thumbsup: !

Just pop into Halfords and have a quick read of this section in the haynes manual :thumbsup: Will tell you where all the clips are holding in that big panel and so you can remove it! Also those bits arent that secure as that whole inner section can be quite easily flexed, therefore a homemade parcel shelf may be a better idea!

The cup holders are held with screws, so don't pop it out!!!!

Take a look at my diy write up, you will see how it is secured to the rear trim panels.

So basically, you need to pop out the whole rear trim panel, unscrew the cup holders, then you can do whatever work you want to do then. :thumbsup:

DIY Boot Light (Briefly covers how to remove the rear trim panels)

032.jpg

rear_cup_holder.jpg

BTW, when you have the rear trim panels out, you will see a huge space for mounting any huge Speakers!

Hope it helps!

YarisGLS - you love your DIY and you camera ;)

Top stuff though fella as you have put quite a bit together now :thumbsup: !

So when are you doing the engine transplant :P !

YarisGLS - you love your DIY and you camera ;)

Top stuff though fella as you have put quite a bit together now :thumbsup: !

So when are you doing the engine transplant :P !

Hehe, I do like DIYs :D but no knowledge of engine transplant yet, so will be a while even if it will happen :P

I am planning to do a mod to the rear wiper next... so it will wipe with a selectable delay of 5, 10 and 15 seconds instead of constant on. So watch this space!

Great info - thanks very much :)

So, to remove the rear trim panel I just need to fold down the back seats and they pop out, or do I have to undo the seat belt bolt?

Or to rephrase, can I get away with not undoing the seat belt bolt in order to just remove the rear trim panel.

(I do appreciate everyone's help by the way!)

lisa

Great info - thanks very much :)

So, to remove the rear trim panel I just need to fold down the back seats and they pop out, or do I have to undo the seat belt bolt?

Or to rephrase, can I get away with not undoing the seat belt bolt in order to just remove the rear trim panel.

(I do appreciate everyone's help by the way!)

lisa

Hi Lisa, you don't need to undo the seat belt bolt, just pop out the rear trim panel with the seats folded down and then you are there!

Don't be worried by the huge "bang"/"cling" sounds when the pop screw gets pulled out of the car body, they are very tough stuff!

BTW, when you got your panel removed, can you please tell me if you find a little 2 pin white plug near the wheel arch area? And let me know if there's anything connected to it? Thanks! :thumbsup:

I am planning to do a mod to the rear wiper next... so it will wipe with a selectable delay of 5, 10 and 15 seconds instead of constant on. So watch this space!

I await with baited breath!

:thumbsup:

Alan

I await with baited breath!

:thumbsup:

Alan

I have done this mod to my previous cars using the NE555 chip and relays...etc, so it's just a matter of time for me to study the wiring of the Yaris to get it working correctly.

But this time, I am thinking of using a Ford part from scrappy so to keep the mod cheap and straight forward... hopefully i will have a solution soon :lol: Don't expect to be an amazing project though guys!

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links