Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Engine Swap

titchie82

Does any one know if a starlet turbo engine will fit into a mark 1 1litre yaris without much fuss cause i dont want a t sport engine and cant affort a t- sport besides i want something differant :drool: any one any ideas

yes it will fit but it wont be without some fuss. the engine mounts will need modification/ fabrication, and wiring could well be a mare as the ecu on the yaris not only controlls the engine but things like speedo, alternator, power steering etc. you would need to wire up the starlet ecu so it provides the nessesary info to the stock ecu.

but anything is possible given time and money

does any one know if its been done :help: and just a stupid thought what about a mr2 turbo engine or have i completly lost the plot :wacko: just a hole car can be bought cheap of e bay and would provide most of the parts

yeh the transplant has been done. although you say you can't afford a t-sport, the cost of the work of putting the 4e-fte engine into your car, and the value of your car, would amount to a cost of a t-sport, so you'd be better off selling yours and getting a t-sport

A T Sport would cost you a lot less to insure than a very non standard modified mk 1 Yaris with an engine transplant :rolleyes:

4E-FTE in a Yaris would be awesome - I keep telling Kerby to do the same with his :D

4E-FTE in a Yaris would be awesome - I keep telling Kerby to do the same with his :D

shut up u and get back to the celica forum <_< :P

shut up u and get back to the celica forum <_< :P

:D You know it makes sense mate :P

BOOST! :yahoo:

i have looked at it and yes the MR2 turbo lump (3S-GTE) would go in, all beit with the same hassles as the 4e-fte

hey going on with this topic, ive heard that the new celica (zzt230/231) engine will fit into the mk 1 yaris engine bay is this true? and i kno its eaiser and simpler to sell my car and get a 1.5 t-sport but the only way you can make a car to your own personality is doing som pretty extensive things in my case im looking to put a different more powerful engine in, im no boy racer or anything like that i just want to blast away chavs in ther novas nd corsas and any 1 else that challanges me in ther pile of **** car, i have a 1.0 vvt-i engine in atm producing all of 67bhp if ur thinking thats wrong ive remapped the ecu to proform much better and added a 5zigen full exhaust system. answers if you will please?

if your thinking the 2zz from the tsport then no....well not and be able to drive it on the road :)

yes you would need the whole rear of an mr2 or a GT4 to do the conversion, would be more work but you could graft in the 4wd system too

You like corsa's!

Get off the forum!!

Only messing lol

It is good to be different but you gotta look after your wallet! but if your loaded then go for it and buy me a supercharger please :P

y do you want a supercharger i kno you get a sufficent amount of boost and it spools up quicker but ther not as reliable as a turbo sure you get turbo lagg which is a !Removed! but on the vvt-i engine you only need to keep it ablove 3000rpm to keep sufficent preassure in the turbo coz of the floating cam and a super charger costs all together on a yaris all of 6-7k if done properly where as a turbo is only 4-5k sure the price of the charger looks cheap but with that you have to uprate most of the engines internals to cope with the new preassurse put on the engine, if your gonna get a uprated yaris engine and not go all out like i am, get the 1.4 diesel block and put the 1.5 t-sport petrol components, coz every one knows that diesel blocks can with stand higher preassurse and heat than a petrol block.

you will need to use lower comp pistons with the diesel block as diesels run somthing around 22-1 ratio and for a blown petrol your looking at 8or 9-1.

are you sure all the ppetrol components will fit the diesel block, ie head, will it match up to the water ways etc?

a super charger costs all together on a yaris all of 6-7k if done properly

Kimi got her supercharger fitted and her ECU mapped by the boys at TTE in Germany for £3000 all in! :thumbsup:

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links