Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Compressor Twin Exhaust

Chris.S

I fiited a K&N panel filter plus did the remap listed above yesterday and ive noticed that the car is a lot more responsive

I fiited a K&N panel filter plus did the remap listed above yesterday and ive noticed that the car is a lot more responsive

More responsive? would you say 50bhp more responsive? :lol2:

lol,i think what he mean by more responsive he mean his car off the mark feel quicker then before and a panel filter will give him that for sure maybe 1-5 bhp whole of the rev's range, i dont think he mean it has increase 50bhp or did he ?. :D :D

i have sonic in my car i wouldn't dare to say it give me 50bhp( i would like to :D :D ) lets just say i wouldn't leave home without it.

I knew what he meant :) Just thought i'd check to see Ben's tip above works :D :laughing:

i know you are joking :D

now back to main topic reason why one side exhurst pipe is hotter than the other is because the corolla compressor are not REAL twin exhurst,it just is a split at the end,a real twin exhurst run two pipe's from front all the way to the back then normaly split into two exhaust silencer and thats is not the corolla compressor setup.

i think it would better for the corolla compressor to run one good decend brand single exhurst it will be deeper and should gain a few horse's too.

i must just say i did enjoy following all this topic .lets have a heated debate AS MRS MURTON USED TO SAY, good reading bit of a sensitive area BHP POWER WOULDN,T YOU AGREE. :thumbsup: like you say back to the exhaust any one thought of getting a twin rear made up but a proper job?

I know we have drifted off the original exhaust topic but just nipping back to power ratings, my Compressor dyno'd at 201bhp which was cr@p :censor:

I have been in full correspondance with a technical manager at TTE who has been helping me.

Toyota UK have been frankly, apathetic about it and have finally agreed to change my ECU as recomended by TTE but only after they have 'conducted their own tests'.

I think I know more about these cars than my dealer ;)

hey chris forget about getting 215bhp why dont you copy down what "Ben Rumsey" wrote and send it to toyota GB and go claim 272bhp for your corolla compressor you guys deserve decend power after all the corolla compressor are not cheap to buy or run and according to Ben Rumsey toyota are suppose to be selling them as highly tune car's.

you know what 201bhp with supercharge power still see off most lightly tune tsport and civic type R without any problem's hope that cheer you up :)

:P @T128

Your comments already cheered me up :D

Lets see what a new ECU brings.

The TTE chap says he will keep a close eye on what happens. He already seems a little cynical about how Toyota UK are handling it ;)

good i aim to please :D :D

right i have had many dealing with Toyota GB during my 3 year's warrenty and i find they dont really care about customer's , your face have to turn blue before anybody at toyota GB to look into the problem's customer are having,you also need to play the waiting game with them but dont let it get to you,you see they wants you to give up,they want you to change car and give them more money so dont fall into their trap keep at it soon or later they cant put you off anymore they have to deal with your problem.

for example the rear beam issue i had took over year and half to resolve and toyota dealers and toyota GB use all the dirty trick's in the book saying (pot holes,never had a corolla reported this issue , jacking,car ramp up the curb,speed hump's etc....)

but in the end i won because i believe in what i know and stuck with it mind you i was back up by a few expect and these expert also help me in counter what toyota blame on they also explaint to me how the corolla rear are setup which i never bother to find out when i was ordering my car if i did i may not be writing on here right now and properly gone for the rx8.

The Exhaust is defintately Black on the TTE website but my old car was silver/stainless which as I mentioned before you could see from behind which wasn't the best. Has anyone found out if the one as linked...

http://www.tte.de/cm_corolla_compressor.htm

...was painted or is differenct to the actual production car? I went to a Toyota launch event last year and they had a black Compressor there but didn't notice a one-sided back box which it clearly must have had. A press photo rattle can maybe?!!! :thumbsup:

Ive just painted mine black now so it looks much better

Ive just painted mine black now so it looks much better

Sounds like I will have to do mine as well :rolleyes:

What paint did you use, did you have to key the silencer to help the paint stick or did you just spray it?

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links