Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Getting Scratches Out Of Interior Plastics

geoffb

Guys,

I have noticed a couple of surface scratches in the interior (black) plastics on my 55 Corolla - the long piece of plastic moulding in the door frame through which the driver's seat belt is anchored so it's the harder type of plastic.

Anyone out there got any 'tips of the trade' on how to try to remove such scratches without having to resort to replacement? The scratches aren't especially deep.

I've a couple of nasty scratches on my passenger door plastic. They are pretty deep and they are showing white! Permanent marker is all I can think of to cover mine.

If your problem is just mild surface scratch would a mildy abrasive powder work? I've seen them for ipod screens and the like...

you can buy interior plastic spray paint in various colours. infact, all plastics are painted in the factory before fitting.

a smart repairer would be able to sort your scratches if you dont fancy doing it yourself. :thumbsup:

Try using kids crayons matey. Sounds daft but they work wonders on plastics n I have a full set of my daughters crayons in my toolbox! :thumbsup:

Thanks for the replies guys. Much appreciated :thumbsup:

Think I will try the crayons first - potentially somewhat cheaper than a repairer :)

Thanks for the replies guys. Much appreciated :thumbsup:

Think I will try the crayons first - potentially somewhat cheaper than a repairer :)

At work, we use acrylic spray.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links