Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Hubs, Wheel's And Salt

cfc1

Following on from a post in the Avensis section i thought i would post in here a little reminder...

It is the time of year again when our councils start putting salt on our roads, this has an adverse effect on our cars, and one of the most common problems is alloy wheels sticking to the hubs, so... when/if you get a puncture, the alloy seems to have welded itself to the hub.

The best thing to do is remove your wheels, and use a wire brush on the hub and on the borehole of the wheel to remove any corrosion, then spread a little copperslip on the hub and on the wheel nuts/studs.. this small step could save you a headache in the event of getting a puncture and help reduce the possibilty of your wheel sticking to the hub.... and you sitting waiting for an hour for the RAC/AA coming to rescue you.

It's either that or sit at the side of the road waiting on the RAC/AA coming with a HUGE mallet to remove the wheel for you...(remember, they could take absolutely hours to come.. it will be chuckin' it down(as is always the case when you get a puncture), it will be freezing and getting dark, and not to forget you will be late home and miss the next thrilling episode of Emerdale.... :D you pay your money and take your choice :P

Of course I do, I checked :lol:.. but it would surprise you how many are not... i deal with it every day in the winter.. its a pita at times :lol:

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links