Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Dvla

Carrera_C

I got a letter through the other day, looks like a forgot to SORN the GT-4 after I wrote it off. Now they want to fine me £40 for it. :ffs: I called them up and they said that if I wanted to contest it I'd have to do it in writing.

Do you think it's worth it or will they just end up increasing the fine?

I also think it's a bit crap that I didn't receive the standard "you road tax is nearly up" letter that gives you the chance to SORN or Tax it.

Did you clainm on the insurance, if you had, then the insurance would have asked you for the documents, and they become the legal owner.

So they should have declared the car SORN.

Thought is was an automatic £80 quid fine? have they changed it?

rickers

It's £40 fine if you pay it really fast, after the first month it goes up to the £80.

It was an insurance writeoff and everything was sent to them.

"You should have got a letter telling you that your road tax was up with the option of SORN."

That's what I said to them, apparently it's not there fault if I don't recieve it and they have no real legal requirement to send those out.

Well that's the letter sent off telling them that the insurance company is now responcible for it.

Just to wait and see what they say.

I've also asked them if I am still showing in there records as the owner then why I wasn't sent the usual tax disc renew letter.

I bet they'll give the usual 'lost in the post' excuse, or something equally as weak.

I've actually done some work in the DVLA in Swansea (when I was IT Contracting), and when you see the place you really have to wonder what happens with our money. The building pretty old and some parts look a bit run down. The computers aren't the newest either.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links