Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Pads For A 190 Gen7

pauly

I got a new set of discs and pads the other week - i just went the blueprint route for the quickest/easiest.

Cold performance is the best i've ever known however the performance degrades very rapidly and fade comes in after a couple of high speed stops. So i'm looking for a swap.

So i'm not sure what to go for. Had greenstuff years ago and never again. Redstuff? I do like the cold braking performance but i'm willing to lose that if only i could get some brakes that would last a bit longer!

Thanks

Paul

• 2 weeks later...

black diamond predator or Mr T pads, keep away from greenstuff and redstuff pads

how come you say that about redstuff? from experience or just what you heard? i do believe you i'm just wondering.

and what are Mr T pads... i haven't heard of those before.

i nearly got those predator pads actually cos i tend to get most of my bits from fensport. wish i had now ;)

• 2 weeks later...

Mr T = Toyota

It was Toyota pads that i originally replaced. They weren't that bad although i was hoping for an improvement!

I'm probably expecting too much to be honest (otherwise ppl wouldn't go blowing £1000s on brake conversions)

If you are suffering from fade, the best route will be to also change your discs for some backdiamond grooved/drilled discs. Some people would avoid drillied discs as they could crack around the drilled holes. However I did not have a problem with mine.

Brake fade occurs when gasses produced due the brake contact with disc have no where to escape too, thus why drilled and grooved discs work effectively.

As to greenstuff/redstuff it is just what I have read, however I am under the impression that they have changed the compound, they use to fall apart.

Hope redstuffs are ok, got some rears ready to go on! The only bad stuff i've heard about is greenstuff. a mate destroyed a pair of brandnew grooved Brembo discs with those :(

• 2 weeks later...

I've got EBC blacks on my Gen5 with stock disks and they're pretty damn good. Nice cold response and I haven't noticed any fade, but then I haven't pushed then hard yet (still getting used to the lardy FWD). :D

Greens and reds need to be warmed up before they hit optimal performance and are designed for hard driving, reds more so than greens. I definately wouldn't put reds on a road car. I have greens on my Mk1 MR2 but with 4 pot calipers and grooved disks, they're very good but I think that's more due to the calipers.

Oh, and when did you last change the brake fluid?

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links