Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Yaris 1.3 Engine Stutter. Help!

alan.motherwell

I have a 2000 toyota yaris 1.3 cdx with 60,000 mile. It recently started with a probem of stuttering at low revs, between 1,500 and 3,000. This started shortly after fitting a new water pump., not sure if related? The fault can occur at any speed but only at low revs and if you put your foot down to accelerate there is no lack of power and the fault does not occur. The garage I bought the car from has checked the computer and everything they can think of and can't find the fault. They thought it might have been an o2 sensor but they relaced those and the fault has got worse and the fault occurs at even lower revs and also at high revs too. It is going into a Toyota garage in January. Has anyone had this fault or can think of what it might be?

Please help!!!

:help:

Al

I have a 2000 toyota yaris 1.3 cdx with 60,000 mile. It recently started with a probem of stuttering at low revs, between 1,500 and 3,000. This started shortly after fitting a new water pump., not sure if related? The fault can occur at any speed but only at low revs and if you put your foot down to accelerate there is no lack of power and the fault does not occur. The garage I bought the car from has checked the computer and everything they can think of and can't find the fault. They thought it might have been an o2 sensor but they relaced those and the fault has got worse and the fault occurs at even lower revs and also at high revs too. It is going into a Toyota garage in January. Has anyone had this fault or can think of what it might be?

Please help!!!

Al

There is a current recall for replacement of the crankshaft position sensor. Has this been done?

There is a current recall for replacement of the crankshaft position sensor. Has this been done?

Please help!!!

Al

I don't thinks so, is this for all toyota yaris or just specific models?

Cheers

Alan

I think i may have developed a similar problem with the car kinda juddering harshly at high gear low rev situations when i feather the throttle. I'm gona have a quick go at remedying it by running some fuel cleaner through, clean the throttle body out and reset the ECU. Doubt it will make much difference but i assume it is a fueling problem causing it to act a bit weird due to the cold dense air recently?

Thinking it may be the crank position sensor. What would i do to get this fixed? i mean if it was a recall at toyota could it potentially be a problem with mine aswell?

I think i may have developed a similar problem with the car kinda juddering harshly at high gear low rev situations when i feather the throttle. I'm gona have a quick go at remedying it by running some fuel cleaner through, clean the throttle body out and reset the ECU. Doubt it will make much difference but i assume it is a fueling problem causing it to act a bit weird due to the cold dense air recently?

Sound like reasonable investigation steps. I'd also suggest checking all the air hoses for splits and connected properly. If it was drawing air in after the Air Flow Meter it might cause idling problems

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links