Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Exhaust

Beeples

So, i don't know very much about cars... but just want to see if i have this right.

There's the manifold....then the centre section like a sport's cat....then the tail? If im right would I be ok with these from Envy for a T-pot?

http://www.envyperformance.com/index.cfm?f...Product_ID=4689 Manifold

http://www.envyperformance.com/index.cfm?f...Product_ID=4686 Sport's Cat...which I'm led to believe will pass MOT? (whats the difference between sports cat and de-cat and the standard T-pot?)

http://www.envyperformance.com/index.cfm?f...Product_ID=2898 And the final piece , the tail pipe.

A few questions there...but hopefully I'll learn something. Thanks :)

Those are designed for the t-sport and will work fine.

Call them, may be cheaper than advertised.

decat takes the cat off the car, which is illegal and replaces it with just a pipe. Only problem with this is you'll get the warning light on all the time and this can cause problems, as there are 2 sensors in the exhaust

Sports cat is similar to standard cat, works same way only is more free flowing than a normal cat. Sensors are still connected but no engine check light on.

HTH

Awesome set of mods there, i have that set up on my t sport, sounds awesome, quite a few members on here have the same set up and all love it :D

The fujitsubo powergetter sounds awesome. I got 1 about 1 month ago and I love it :D

Yes decats are illegal but you get more power and all you need to do is fit the old cat back in for and MOT then fit the decat again. :thumbsup:

There are ways of stopping the engine management light coming on.

I researched into this before xmas as I was going to get a full exhaust system with decat but my money went other roads as some wheels became available at too good of price to be missed.

I believe what you are looking for if you wish to decat is an o2 Simulator. You can buy them off eBay from the USA but I don't know which ones are best as I say I havent had the money to buy the stuff yet :(

Either way decat or sports cat you will notice a difference in power. :thumbsup:

On a side note. People that have fitted sports manifolds did you thermal wrap them.

What are the advantages and disadvantages?

As far as I can understand heat wrapping stops heatsoak but could also cause the manifold to become severely hot and distort, possibly crack :huh:

:help:

Theres a fair few sound clips on here people have posted up in the past, run a search if you want to know what it will sound like

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links