Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

A Pillars

rickster

the a pillars are really easy to remove. they are held on by 2 poppers. so u just pull it off once u have grip on an edge. why not try these

http://www.kingsmart.com.hk/products/produ...hp?id=K-608-5HR

i have this one and its a spot on fit. they also do a 1 gauge pod as well which would come in handy for a tweeter

does any body know how to remove them?

also im looking a set any body have any lying around lol?

cheers

ricky

Okay Ricky, it's really easy (unless you have curtain air bags. see below) this will usually do the trick for most recent cars (not sure what model you have but this works on my 56 plate Yaris T3 {including air bag bit}, my Perodua Kenari & the Kia Pride I used to have {no curtains}).

1. Inspect the trim first to see if there are any obvious screw covers, if there are remove covers (usually prise out) and remove screws.

2. Open door, pull rubber door seal off of the A post and leave hanging (or remove trims {floor} and fully remove rubber seal).

3. Use a wide flat blade screwdriver with some tape wrapped around for protection and prise the pillar trim away from the post (usually held by plastic 'poppers') which can be quite hard to 'unpop' (if you find the trim is bowing outwards without popping off, move the screwdriver closer to the end of the bow, this is where the popper is, and try again).

4. Pull away from the top and lift out the bottom section where it meets the dash.

IMPORTANT FOR CARS WITH SRS CURTAINS READ THIS FIRST!!

On the 06 Yaris models with curtain air bags the top 'poppers' are designed to break (for the air bag, you will see SRS marked on the trim where the top popper is) and when you prise hard the clips WILL break requiring a trip to Mr T for new ones, here's how to save pennies!

follow 2. & 3. but when you prise the trim away do it VERY carefully, it will move a small amount as the bottom popper unpops. I then managed to get my fingers behind the trim and rotate the top clip through 90 degrees (quarter turn), this lets you slide the rectangular lug out of the hole in the trim and the trim then comes off as in 4.

Replacement is the reversal of removal, as they say:

SRS curtain place the rectangular hole over the top clip then turn back through 90 degrees so they are in original position before pushing the trim back.

The door seal just pushes back onto the lip around the door (I usually tap it back with the heel of my hand to ensure proper seating)

Hope this helps.

Brian

• Thanks 1

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links