Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Hose Pipe Ban

speedingsivi

How long had it been imposed?

I thought things like this were just summer occurrences

It lasted 9 months apparently. Hopefully if Sunday's weather is OK I'll be out with the hose :thumbsup:

I used mine anyway. Why not? I'm on a meter and pay for my water...

thames even admitted they wouldn't take action against people on meters, as they are on Pay as you Use.

Now is the hose pipe ban lifted in all areas?

jerry!

Taken from Sky News:

Thames Water, Three Valleys Water, Southern Water and Sutton & East Surrey Water, whose combined reach extends from Buckinghamshire to London to the Isle of Wight, have all lifted their bans.

MORE HERE...

Oh sweet time to give the tubby a decent clean :thumbsup:

jerry!!

What really does my head in is the fact that it costs Thames more money to fix leaks than to let the water drain away so instead of breaking their balls to fix as many leaks as possible they don't worry about them & then tell people they can't use as much water as they want because the reserves are low. If they bothered to get out there & fix the leaks (i.e. do their job properly) there'd be a lot more water to go around & hose pipe bans would be a very rare occurance :ffs:

Rare occurrence?.....we'll NEVER get a ban on Teesside.

I agree though Kev, if all the leaks were sorted out then there would be enough for everyone - even in an extreme drought . Long term incompetence and neglect take time to put right though ( or so it would appear ! )

Hose pipe ban?? Up here I cant ever remember having as much rain in November and December and it continued into January. Its really incredibe the rain we have had recently.

Oh you got to remember actually fixing the leeks would require two things, spending money and actually employing people in this country. Clearly does not fit with the modern corporate strategy.

FYI I manage a Dam in Cardiff Bay which holds back 2 rivers (Ely & Taff) to create a freshwater lake (200 hectares). I am currently dumping 500m3/s (500 tonnes per second) of fresh water from the Welsh Hills to keep the lake at a constant level. Certainly no shortages here and plenty spare if anyone wants some :thumbsup:

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links