Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Gt4 Turbo Help

tim24

hi i have just got a gt4 185 i love the car BUT im a have a few probs when on boost can any one HELP plessssssssssssss { OK when i put my foot down some time it boost realy slow and feel very slow and very lagy but some times i find when it does this if i turn the car of and then back on it goes away and the car boost as is should afer driveig arod giveing it sme boost it ome start back IT DOING MY HAED IN the car is stanerd at the mow any one have any idearsssssssssss

hi i have just got a gt4 185 i love the car BUT im a have a few probs when on boost can any one HELP plessssssssssssss { OK when i put my foot down some time it boost realy slow and feel very slow and very lagy but some times i find when it does this if i turn the car of and then back on it goes away and the car boost as is should afer driveig arod giveing it sme boost it ome start back IT DOING MY HAED IN the car is stanerd at the mow any one have any idearsssssssssss

Welcome to TOC

Could you just run that past us again ...............preferably in words that I can understand :shutit: ;)

What fuel are you using?

Does the car have any performance modifications?

Have you tried resetting the ECU? (pull out the EFI ECU fuses and waiting 10 min before replacing them)

i did but i did't wait 10min i just pulled the bettery wire of i will try that if it does not work any more i dears

Fuel Pump Relay do you know how to mod it i read some were you could :ffs:

[EFI ECU fuses were are thay how many do i take out

i did but i did't wait 10min i just pulled the bettery wire of i will try that if it does not work any more i dears

Fuel Pump Relay do you know how to mod it i read some were you could :ffs:

[EFI ECU fuses were are thay how many do i take out

The ECU fuse is in one of the fuse boxes under the bonnet. 15AMP (Blue) Should be just the one. Pull it out. Dab the brake pedal just once to discharge any built up power from the electrical system and put the fuse back. It`s not necessary to wait 10 minutes. :unsure:

The fuel pump relay can be modified quite easily, but if your car is standard you'll be better off leaving it well alone. If it turns out to b ethe relay thats at fault just buy a new or S/H one. You'll end up with even more problems if you start fiddling with that. :yes:

Get yourself over to http://www.gt4oc.net/ and ask there. I'm sure one of the lads will have experienced similar problems to you and can advise you accordingly.

Good luck & let us know the outcome. :thumbsup:

are you running any boost mods (electronic boost controler, bleed valve etc)

what you describe is fuel cut, dive hard and hit overboost the ECU will go into fail safe mode until the ignition is switched of and on again. have you got an aftermarket boost guage? if so what boost you runnin, should be no more than 1.0bar (14.4PSI )

i have put a bleed vale on the car but i have turn it of now and reset the ecu car seem fine now took it for a realy good run it over boost once and i think it mess the seting up so after reseting it was fine but have a new problem i have got of eBay a fcd so i can turn the boost up but it say i have to wire it in to the ecu and the turn the boost up and drive it and keep turning it up untill i get to 15psi and it will push the over boost up to 15psi so i can run just under 15psi i realy dont wat to mess with it but money is very hard to find as all ways any idears

my msn is timjanine1982@hotmail.co.uk if any one can help many thanks to evey one who has help me so far :yahoo:

first off REMOVE THE FCD AND BLEED VALVE, your head gasket ill not last long at over 1 bar unless you have a steel headgasket and ARP head stud kit.

right that out of the way, remove the fcd and bleed valve, connect the pipes cut for the bleed valve together and see if its ok (after resetting the ecu)

if all is well, save up get an electronic boost controller set to 1 bar MAX unless you are going to do the HG soon anyway.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links