Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Deserved Birthday Treat.

alfiejts

Gave our six year old Yaris a birthday treat this month. It's never had such attention!

Over the last two weekends, its had a complete service - even though many parts weren't officially due for change - Semi-Synthetic oil & filter. air & pollen filters, new spark plugs, flushed & replaced anti-freeze, replaced brake fluid, four new Vredestein Hi-Trac tyres, wheels balanced & tracking checked, new PIAA silicone wipers, new GE +60% headlight bulbs, a new keyfob Battery and Rain-X treatment over the side & rear windows.

Can't think of anything else to fettle and it's loving the attention! Bless....

Plugs weren't officially due for change, but for just £2 each from the local Partco, it isn't worth leaving them another couple of years! Air filter was filthy too, even though that wasn't due for another year...

Its probably all in the mind, but it seems to be running more sweetly.

It deserves it anyway, having got two teenagers through their "learning to drive and driving test" stages in the past four years.....

The clutch seems better too having changed the fluid in that too. Seems to have made a tiny difference to the disengagement point which makes gearchanges easier...

The only remaining thing is to see whether I should get the air-con serviced before summer. Its still working OK, but after six years, you'd expect that it would need recharging at least a bit....

Hppe everyone else's Yaris is being as nice to them as ours is....

Sounds like the wee little car has had a right good birthday! Must of all cost a fair bit though. Mine really needs a bit of tlc too and I wish I could do it all at once but sadly, funds wouldn't allow!

Mine gets its first full service in March. Birthday treat enough though it may get a wash and valet before then. It's filthy!

Mine needs a good treating aswell, needs new front pads and discs, aswell as brake fluid change, coolant change, had the oil and filter replaced as a service.

Im gonna do my brakes and fluid this weekend i think, but out of interest, how hard is it 2 do a coolant change? And if its easy enough, how do u do it?

Thanks!

Andy

how hard is it 2 do a coolant change? And if its easy enough, how do u do it?

On a T Sport the coolant is changed every 10 years or 100,000 miles!

:eek:

There is a sticker in the engine bay saying it's long life coolant :thumbsup:

Service parts, including brake fluid & coolant came to £49.

Headlight bulbs £15

PIAA silicone wipers £36

4 tyres inc fitting & balance £162

Keyfob Battery £2

To change the coolant (well the way I did it....)

1) Remove plastic engine undertray

2) When engine is cool, unfasten the bottom of the lower radiator hose and let the colant run out.

3) Disconnect one of the heater pipes on the top of the engine and use a hose to flush the old coolant out in both directions.

4) Remove the little pipe off the header tank, unthread that and drain that too.

5) Fasten the pipes back up and put in 2 litres of anti-freeze.

6) Top up with water to fill radiator and header tank

7) Run the car until warm to remove all airlocks.

8) When its cooled again, top up the header tank to the full mark.

Someone said there was a tap on the engine block, but I couldn't see that....

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links