Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Paseo/ Starlet Gt

datboimell

i have a couple of question and i hope you can answer them for me....

now i just a bought a 1993 toyota paseo, 5 speed, DOHC...i been lookin around to start modyfieying it...

i want to go turbo but i dont see anyone makin turbokits for this car. . .but i understand that the toyota scarlet gt comes turbo. .

people have told me that the engine from the paseo and the scarlet gt are almost similar....

my question is can i adapt the turbokit from the stock scarlet gt to my paseo??

swaping the motor for me is not an option. please anything will help. . . . .

Hello mate - welcome to TOC,

Your probable best bet is to take the 4EFTE from the starlet & drop it in the 'seo.

it'll be easier & cheaper that modifying a turbo kit from another car

J

Hello mate - welcome to TOC,

Your probable best bet is to take the 4EFTE from the starlet & drop it in the 'seo.

it'll be easier & cheaper that modifying a turbo kit from another car

J

that would be an option. . . .but not mine...lol....

BUT is it possible that the turbo kit or atleast the manifold from the starlet gt will fit on my paseo.....

yup, it will do, but remember, your engine is a high compression n/a engine not designed to run with boost - you'll need at least the 4efte pistons and perhaps a thicker headgasket then a lot of tuning to make sure the thing won't grenade on you

yup, it will do, but remember, your engine is a high compression n/a engine not designed to run with boost - you'll need at least the 4efte pistons and perhaps a thicker headgasket then a lot of tuning to make sure the thing won't grenade on you

thanks alot....i just finish doin some research on this site and saw a few post on hybrids...whats the stock compression at on my year paseo anyway. . .and what will the 4efte piston bring compression to?....

another thing , i was looking at your car and was wondering if that is a whole body kit or just a lipkit. . .ur car is a cynos right?. . would that kit or those bumpers fit my paseo. . . im lovin the look of your car. . . :thumbsup:

9:1 is stock I believe? I don't remember what the 4efte pistons get it to though...i think 8:1. And thanks for the kind words - it is a Cynos, was imported in 2001 I think. And thats a factory optional lipkit, but it won't fit on your car, as yours is a previous generation Cynos (1991-1994) whereas mine is the newer one (1995-1999), and they're slightly differently shaped.

And also they're as rare as anything...Toyota did make a lipkit for your car as well I think, but i've never seen one apart from on japanese sites

9:1 is stock I believe? I don't remember what the 4efte pistons get it to though...i think 8:1. And thanks for the kind words - it is a Cynos, was imported in 2001 I think. And thats a factory optional lipkit, but it won't fit on your car, as yours is a previous generation Cynos (1991-1994) whereas mine is the newer one (1995-1999), and they're slightly differently shaped.

And also they're as rare as anything...Toyota did make a lipkit for your car as well I think, but i've never seen one apart from on japanese sites

can you point me in the direction of those japenese sites....i wuld love to get my hands on one of those lipkkits......

and also what other upgrades do they have for my paseo...suspension and engine wise...under drive pullys, cams, basically full engone building parts. .. as for suspension sway bars, coil overs, shocks, strut bars, ECT........

checkout on the main forum in the stickies - I posted up a "catalogue" a while ago with a lot of the main parts available today for the Paseo ;)

And i'm afraid the sites were just fansites and club sites, but this is an example of the lipkit i saw:

Clicky

checkout on the main forum in the stickies - I posted up a "catalogue" a while ago with a lot of the main parts available today for the Paseo ;)

And i'm afraid the sites were just fansites and club sites, but this is an example of the lipkit i saw:

Clicky

thats an alright lookin so far but only of the front. . . and i couldnt open the catalogue... i dont kno why. . .what kind of headlights are those in the pic on that paseo...?

standard Cynos lights in Japan, one piece, occasionally find them on eBay. As for the catalogue, keep trying, has most of the common parts you'll ever need

standard Cynos lights in Japan, one piece, occasionally find them on ebay. As for the catalogue, keep trying, has most of the common parts you'll ever need

thanks for the info....i was lookin into stayin all motor and just dooin a full build high compression pistons and all...ive never had an all motor car...and the paseo seems like it can handle some serious NA POWER. . its pretty good for a 1.5 DOHC.. . ive seen a quite a few things that will help with an all motor setup...i saw a thread about the quad throttle bodies.....i wanted to kno who sells them cuz i forgot the name of the guy who i saw posted it...im really intrested in a set...and how much theyd cost...

no-one "sells them" !Removed!', but he's the first person I know that's had the initiative to make them - he's threepot on this forum. I'm currently going on the all motor route as well, starting out with a 5efhe is a much better proposition if you can get a hold of one - they start with 110bhp, have thicker rods (even than the Starlet GT's turbo engine's), high compression pistons, and slightly better camshafts.

I should be getting throttlebodies soon (from the same guy), and another guy in canada is giving them a go too, as well as some other guy in America - pm me if you want their contact info. Well, the Paseo in theory could, just mine's been quite unreliable

no-one "sells them" !Removed!', but he's the first person I know that's had the initiative to make them - he's threepot on this forum. I'm currently going on the all motor route as well, starting out with a 5efhe is a much better proposition if you can get a hold of one - they start with 110bhp, have thicker rods (even than the Starlet GT's turbo engine's), high compression pistons, and slightly better camshafts.

I should be getting throttlebodies soon (from the same guy), and another guy in canada is giving them a go too, as well as some other guy in America - pm me if you want their contact info. Well, the Paseo in theory could, just mine's been quite unreliable

i would love if you can give me his contact info...im really intrested about these things.....ive also been searchin for other parts to work with...and the catalouge doesnt work for me......i dont y it doesnt work. . .

• 2 weeks later...

well ive been doing more homework and found out that you can swap in a 4AGE whether it be silver or black top...

ive sorced out a silver top motor....4AGE silvertop = 850$

i believe thats with tranny and harness. . full engine..

is that a goood enough price for it?

and also has anyone ever done this swap yet.....

its alot better than the 5fe or 5hfe evryone will say. .

if anyone has done or hasnt how much fabricating will have to be done...and so on and forth...

p.s. if anyone can direct me in a route to look for a 93 paseo lipkit.....u cant seem to find a site or anything on them...anything would help....

join Tercelonline - a user there has done the blacktop swap, quite a bit of fabrication needed including notching of the frame rails to get the engine to fit, custom engine/transmission mounts, may have to relocate some ancillaries, may need a thinner radiator...

lipkit, try trying my catalogue, it works for me and there's a couple of links there, like erebuni

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links