Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

What Speed At Different Gears?

olobolo

I've been driving TS just a few weeks and the sense of speed is preety different from driving Yaris 1.3. I find myself in a situation going around 10km/h faster than usual and not really feeling it :) But... comparing 1.3 to 1.5 - TS reevs up much quicker but the speed raises preety similar. Standard 1.3 Yaris has about 10-11 s. to 100 km/h while TS is one second faster.

Is it my TS or just all TS'es drive like that? What's you max speed at 1-st, 2-nd, 3-rd and 4-th gear?

Recently I reached 85 km/h at 2-nd gear at around 6000 - it was preety windy and a little bit up hill. I 've seen few videos somebody reached almost 100 km/h at that gear at around 6500. I don't know if my clutch is worn-out or something or just I have to learn ho to drive it :)

the 1.3 can go quicker in early gears than the 1.5

In mine i can do 66mph in 2nd were as t sport can do 58mph

its because t sport has closer gear ratios making it faster

True! Mine hit's the red in second @ 58/59 Mph which is a b*stard as that puts up my 0-60 time. lol.

lol yeah that must be a !Removed! doing 60 times!

I swear i never used to be able to do 66mph in 2nd, would modifications change top speed in different gears?

Recently, on one of the YTS french fan site, I've seen a test where they measured the speed in all gears:

1 - 50

2 - 89

3 - 121

4 - 163

5 - 206 Km/h

So this is preety close to what you say :)

lol yeah that must be a !Removed! doing 60 times!

I swear i never used to be able to do 66mph in 2nd, would modifications change top speed in different gears?

Yeah mate,

mods such as induction & full exhaust set up can slightly increase the top speed of each gear.

or should i say rev limit in each gear gear!

since puttin on my envy induction, decat centre & hks bbox my TS revs about 300rpm higher :thumbsup:

Bounces of the red with a big bang :blowup: (WWiii) at just about 7000rpm now!!!

I love it :wub:

Isn't the rev limiter pre programmed and so revs will just be held at that? I find my revs get to a certain level and just stop. I mean like you can physically feel the car being held at those revs. Surely mods wouldn't raise this limit? :wacko:

Whats that face for?

Its a fact that it can!

no........ it can do a higher speed in each gear. but it cant go quicker, if you want to go quicker you need a close ratio gearbox. fit one on your 1.3 and see the difference.......

Yeah so you have just said that it can do a quicker speed in the earlier gears. Thanks.

And i already mentioned about gear ratio's in first post.

1st - 34

2nd - 65

3rd - 93

4th - 115

5th 121

0 to 60 - 9ish seconds

my 1.3 sr

0-60 in 9 seconds is t-sport time, no way could you get that from a 1.3.

40bhp from the tte supercharger takes 1.1 seconds off the 0-60 time, no way could you drop 3 seconds without some kind of forced induction.

Yeah gota agree i'm afraid! Although timing in my car 0-60 display gives 9.8 average on stopwatch, that is nowhere near accurate as if you add the speedo inaccuracy and human inaccuracy you're looking at much more like the manufacturers figures!

Especially as he has no performance mods!

I dont time mine in seconds really all i no is

0-60 in "beats a corsa :P"

aye i got the same around high 9 seconds, i dont like the manufacturers figures :( cause on paper a 1.2sxi corsa should go faster to 60 but they dont :P at all

"Especially as he has no performance mods!" - the engine has been tuned! previous owner had work done to it not sure what he got done like but he told me it had been tuned :S should have asked more really but i was to busy dribbling over the car lol

Lol doubt it has been "tuned" mate! You can't really just take a spanner to a high tech engine and "tune" it so any mods would be noticeable! I'd tend towards it being standard and the tuning being he uprated the brake fluid and oil or silly things like that!

Might have just had it on rolling road and some settings changed, thats what i had done all they did was change fuel/air settings to make better use of mods, no were near as good as a unichip but stops the car having really slown idle.

I was under the impression you can't change bits within the map without actually changing parts within the ECU or having a piggyback? Any other settings changed will be altered by the ECU compensating for the change?

I thought that until "storm development" rolling roaded it for me and said they can change fuel settings and what they did gave it better response and doesnt bog down at idle now after long run, get more MPG to!

Can you ask them what they did exactly mate as was gona pop in when was pickin up bumper but wasn't sure what to ask :P

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links