Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

My Yaris Been In An Accident

pj06

Evening everyone

Ok... got a bit of a dilema at the moment, my new Yaris Diesel was involved in an accident roughly over a week ago and has been with the insurance company's repairer and due to be collecting it this week. However, most of the front end was damaged and the parts they have replaced to name a few are:

Turbo and Intercooler

Radiator and fan

Air conditioning pump

Engine mounting brackets

Bumber

2 new headlights

Bonnet

How do I stand with the 3 years warranty Toyota give as my car is only 8 months old and with all this work being carried out a bit worried that it will be null and void?

Thanks

PJ06

Warranty should not be affected really, if a dealership says warranty is affected try the next nearest dealer, if they both say its null and void which would be quite rare, it would be worth ringing your insurance company up and asking them to find a dealership to deal with your car.

Most of the time dealers won't say anything if its a good quality repair that has been carried out of your car.

If it's a good quality repair and they have nothing to object, and the car look like new, they shouldn't object anything.

My view would be that as long as the repair was carried out properly

with new toyota parts, they'll never know ;)

but i'm no expert just my opinion :rolleyes:

So long as they use genuine Toyota parts then it shouldnt void your warranty.

Just as a by note for the future people.... if you are involved in a shunt and need stuff doing, most insurance companies (if not all) will "recommend" their approved repairer, however you do have a choice and you can ask them to take it to Toyota if you wish :yes:

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links