Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Removing The Centre Console / Stereo

RAVXT4

Hi - Need to remove the stereo on the RAV4 XT4 (2004) Auto; just acquired the B9003 Sat Nav system. On the publications website, it refers to undoing 4 bolts to remove the fascia around the stereo.. Problem here; the XT4 doesn't have any of the bolts; my mums NRG model does (we like RAV's here!!).

My XT4, has 2 silver verticals either side of the stereo/climate controls, which are smooth and flush with the rest of the dash.

Has anybody removed these? Any words of wisdom on how to remove them would be gratefully received.

TIA,

Hi - Need to remove the stereo on the RAV4 XT4 (2004) Auto; just acquired the B9003 Sat Nav system. On the publications website, it refers to undoing 4 bolts to remove the fascia around the stereo.. Problem here; the XT4 doesn't have any of the bolts; my mums NRG model does (we like RAV's here!!).

My XT4, has 2 silver verticals either side of the stereo/climate controls, which are smooth and flush with the rest of the dash.

Has anybody removed these? Any words of wisdom on how to remove them would be gratefully received.

TIA,

I recall a very similar topic from a while ago - I have the Rav which has the four bolts visible, but on the face-lifted model, the bolts are hidden by pull off panels.

See this original thread for details: http://toyotaownersclub.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=36984

Also have a look at my site (http://www.unclepips.co.uk/radlive.htm), for details of removing the older style panel - I presume once the vertical panels are removed, then the removal should be the same as mine or similar.

Cheers,

Phil

I recall a very similar topic from a while ago - I have the Rav which has the four bolts visible, but on the face-lifted model, the bolts are hidden by pull off panels.

See this original thread for details: http://toyotaownersclub.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=36984

Also have a look at my site (http://www.unclepips.co.uk/radlive.htm), for details of removing the older style panel - I presume once the vertical panels are removed, then the removal should be the same as mine or similar.

Cheers,

Phil

Thanks for the info... After posting, I went and started looking further, and found the LHD docs are updated to show both options... There are 3 clips per side, top, bottom, middle... Now to work out how to get the clips removed without breaking them... any recommendations? Thinking of taping the sides of the dash (reduce damage) and gently prising with a screwdriver... :D

Think I'm going to photoshoot this, and post it (if anyone interested?).

Cheers,

Phil

Thanks for the info... After posting, I went and started looking further, and found the LHD docs are updated to show both options... There are 3 clips per side, top, bottom, middle... Now to work out how to get the clips removed without breaking them... any recommendations? Thinking of taping the sides of the dash (reduce damage) and gently prising with a screwdriver... :D

Think I'm going to photoshoot this, and post it (if anyone interested?).

All you need to get your fingernails or something fairly slim - maybe a credit card in tha gap between the sliver trim and the back (not the radio side, the back side) and just give it a pull - or maybe twist the card a little, and you will feel movement - just go with that and they will pop out. As long as you only pull the trims forward towards you and not sideways (i.e. NOT in direction of doors), you will be fine. After the first time, you will wonder what the worry was about :thumbsup:

One word of caution once the are removed.... there are 4 bolts holding the radio in place, two of which are fairly sunk in - they WILL drop into the bowels of the dash if you are not very careful :ffs:

All you need to get your fingernails or something fairly slim - maybe a credit card in tha gap between the sliver trim and the back (not the radio side, the back side) and just give it a pull - or maybe twist the card a little, and you will feel movement - just go with that and they will pop out. As long as you only pull the trims forward towards you and not sideways (i.e. NOT in direction of doors), you will be fine. After the first time, you will wonder what the worry was about :thumbsup:

One word of caution once the are removed.... there are 4 bolts holding the radio in place, two of which are fairly sunk in - they WILL drop into the bowels of the dash if you are not very careful :ffs:

:yahoo: Fantastic - it worked!!! Used an old loyalty card, and it did the trick. Anyone else reading this, start at the top and come down the side (furthest from the stereo), constantly (but gently) flexing the card and they just popped off...

Thanks Hoovie, top tip of the day!! :toast:

:yahoo: Fantastic - it worked!!! Used an old loyalty card, and it did the trick. Anyone else reading this, start at the top and come down the side (furthest from the stereo), constantly (but gently) flexing the card and they just popped off...

Thanks Hoovie, top tip of the day!! :toast:

My Pleasure :) - and sorry for the dreadful spelling/grammer (I just reread my post! :wacko: )

• 1 month later...
  • 8 months later...

One word of caution once they are removed.... there are 4 bolts holding the radio in place, two of which are fairly sunk in - they WILL drop into the bowels of the dash if you are not very careful :ffs:

Thanks to Unclepips for the photies and all the other useful tips for replacing the radio.

I echo the caution on the two deeper mounting screws, I magnetised my socket to make sure they came out !.

Apart from that all was plug and play !

One small question for the asking, the replacement cd player ( Genune Toyoater ) has one socket free. Is this for the SatNav? Can I fit a SatNav module easily to a Mk2 RAV ie is the SatNav module plug and play or does it involve elastic trickery ?

Great Site, I guess I better back pedal quick and introduce myself in the appropriate section

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links