Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Toyota Engines In 107/c1?

Lauren

Just done the rounds taking in the toyota dealer and the local peugeot one.

The sales guy at toyota was adamant that the aygo is now different from the C1/107 as Toyota make the car themselves and not in conjunction with citroen/peugeot.

He said that the aygo is the only one to have the toyota engine, though all models originally started off with the same toyota engine. He said that since they went their own way about a year ago, that only the aygo has the toyota engine and that citroen and peugeot use their own power plants.

I asked about the diesel as that is designated as a peugeot unit. The sales guy at toyota said that they now use the same engine as the yaris diesel, though going by the literature it looks like its listed as the peugeot engine, given that its the same as the C1 and not at all the same as the Yaris in terms of capacities etc.

The Peugeot dealer said that the 107 uses the toyota drivetrain and was a bit miffed when i told him what the toyota dealer had said!

This annoys me because i know i'm being fed a load of crap by toyota. No doubt this was a way of devaluing the 107/C1 by saying that it doesn't share the same drivetrain, when i asked why the toyota was more expensive.

I still likely go with the aygo because pricewise there is nothing in it between a sport and a 107 XS (or a specced up Urban), though peugeot are offering a grand off which does make the 107 XS or Urban look appealing. Less appealing (since i've got home and trawled the web for pics of it) is the max muppet additions, ie the stripes and the frankly a bit shocking red centre dash piece and red side vent surrounds (also there were white mirrors on a red car).

Also i think the aygo looks better by a fair margin too, which is a help. Its just annoying that i'll be paying for pointless foglights.

When i was at toyota I also asked about the 'supaguard' stuff... the salesman went on about how the car won't need washing for 3 years, also he sold the virtues of the scotchguard on the interior. The interior treatment sounds useful (as we will be keeping the car long term) but i'm not convinced about the treatment on the exterior.

The Toyota salesman tried to feed you a load of BS.

The Petrol is a Toyota-powerplant (actually developed by Daihatsu in origin),

the Diesel is a 4 cylinder by Peugeot, no matter which of the three you buy.

Concerning the foglights; you might want to try to do a swap with payment.

Someone in The Netherlands bought a "Sport" and then swapped bumpers

with someone with the same color car. Now he has a "normal" bumper (in

which he put the TTE-grille with foglights, as they look better) and the other

party has a "Sport"-bumper with fogs (and the wiring for the TTE-grille :D )

It's worth a try! You could also try to negotiate the foglights off of the car;

as I understand they're fitted at the dealer, but I'm not 100% sure of that...

Or you could take a "Plus", add the rev-counter, A/C and alloys

and you've got basically the same specs, without foglights...

Firstly from your log on I assume you are female. If this is wrong apologies :-).

Your experience is why women hate buying cars and in general are unable to get a good a deal as men - salesmen lie to you.

Two engines a 1.0 petrol manufactured by Toyota

1.4 diesel manufactured by PSA and also used in the Fiesta

I've just been playing with prices and reached an interesting conclusion.

drivethedeal.co.uk will do an Aygo 3 door sport for just over £7,000 saving £725. Sourced from a UK main dealer (ours was from Ipswich Toyota).

A Pug 107 XS is £6850, saving a 'massive' £1500 on list.

The massive saving on the Pug suggests it is overpriced by about £800, so the dealer discount is £200 (not £1,000 you were quoted), which is EXACTLY what we were offered of a new Aygo by a Toyota dealer (when pushed this went to £250).

The extra £150 for the Toyota will be recovered come resale time as the Toyota will be worth more than the Peugeot.

Yep, it annoyed me that the salesman felt it necessary to come out with all that crap. Mind you i had much the same at the VW dealer when looking at the Fox. When i questioned a 0-60 of 17.5 secs for the 1.2 he said the car was light, i looked in the brochure and noted that it was nigh on 1100Kgs! Thats not very light i said.

Maybe it is a thing about women buying cars. I had my boyfriend/partner with me, though i led the chat with the salesman. It is incredibly annoying though, especially so because i really do know my cars, having re-built, tuned my own cars as well as doing geo setups/engine swaps etc for elises/340Rs for a friends garage when i was out of work a couple of years ago..... I guess at least i know when i'm being fed BS.

Its an idea with the foglights. I just never use them (i have them on my 325i but in all honesty i wish they were banned as you simply never need them and most people use them unnecessarily). I think its most likely i'll go for a 'sport' though with AC and carpetted mats.. I did notice that the carpet is not really a carpet at all its a kind of flocked moulded plastic stuff, so will defo need the floor mats.

I'm going to do the two day test drive at some point, as i want to see how it will cope with a trip to London. If it passes that test okay, then we'll most likely be going for it.

About the only plus point from the salesaunt was that he reckoned he should be able to get close to bankloan interest rates on the HP.

The deal for a grand off a 107 XS is a special offer thats on at the moment. Interesting what you say about drivethedeal, cheers for that.

Two engines a 1.0 petrol manufactured by Toyota

1.4 diesel manufactured by PSA and also used in the Fiesta

In the new Toyota mag it says the Aygo comes with "three great engines." Somebody at Toyota isn't reading the script :D

Paul.

Toyota dealer talking rubbish as usual - all 3 cars have same engine.

Petrol engine is 1KR-FE 3 cylinder in line. Diesel is 2WZ-TV 4 cylinder in line. Petrol engine is the lightest in car production with an 'alloy' construction and weighs 67 Kg. Petrol engine produces 67 bhp. Petrol engine displacement is 998 cm3 and the diesel is 1399 cm3. The official acceleration data is 0 - 62 mph (100 km/h) of 14.2 seconds for the petrol with the heavier diesel a little under 3 seconds slower at 16.8 seconds. Petrol engines are 12 valve DOHC VVT-i chain drive and the diesel is an 8 valve OHC.

No good dealer getting 'close' to bank rates - he has to BEAT them !

Oh and avoid fog lights - pain in the rear to me so far (they keep breaking)

they told me all the engines were different, but i think its just try and sell better with the appeal of a toyota engine over a peugeot one.

they told me all the engines were different, but i think its just try and sell better with the appeal of a toyota engine over a peugeot one.

Thats my point, it was a bid to justify the extra cost, though actually once you've specced up a 107 to Aygo spec there isn't realy much difference.

yeah salesmen always see female car buyers as dumb!

i did my research before i went to the showroom- as far as i know c1s pugs and aygos were all made in the czech republic in the same factory then the different manufacturers put a different Shell thingy on!

yeah salesmen always see female car buyers as dumb!

i did my research before i went to the showroom- as far as i know c1s pugs and aygos were all made in the czech republic in the same factory then the different manufacturers put a different shell thingy on!

Spot on Lucie :thumbsup: The TCPA link in my post above is 'that factory'

Thanx guys, I will endeavour to do my best to use the info the salesaunt gave me to bargain when the time comes. :thumbsup:

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links