Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

G6 Car Battery Upgrade

Richard K

Hi all,

Most of you know I try to replace bits of my car with better/upgraded equivalents.

the time has come to replace the Battery in the G6.

If I'm gonna pay £70 for a toyota Battery i may as well buy a better spec after market example for a similar price.

Now the reason for this post is I'm unsure of the details I need to get the best Battery.

Is the any battery companys you could recommend. or what have you got in your 'rolla?

Thanks in advance

Richard K :thumbsup:

i have no idea what mine is, the dealer i got the car off said he'd put a new one in! I have actually never thought about what a good Battery would do to the car! what are the benefits of a 'better spec than normal' Battery?

oh and maybe you could help, what sort of spark plugs you got and would recommomend? car is due a good service asap and i think its time the sparks were changed!

cheers

You've got as many questions as I have lol.

my criteria is a Battery that

- will start car after a minimum 5days non-use (monday to friday)

- can handle increased power demand from planned lighting & ICE system (i'll hassle ASIF for local advice on this one)

- low maintenance or sealed if possible.

I've seen optima batteries in feature cars. i'll hunt the net some more after work.

Richard K :thumbsup:

OI!! JOHN!! WHAT'S IN YOUR ROLLA!! and relocation to boot is not an option :lol: I'll just go look for his profile instead, :)

You've got as many questions as I have lol.

my criteria is a battery that

- will start car after a minimum 5days non-use (monday to friday) check! mine started fine after over a week of non-use.

- can handle increased power demand from planned lighting & ICE system (i'll hassle ASIF for local advice on this one) n/a yet :)

- low maintenance or sealed if possible. no hassle yet with the thing, though its only 2years old

OI!! JOHN!! WHAT'S IN YOUR ROLLA!! and relocation to boot is not an option :lol: I'll just go look for his profile instead, :)

Richard,

I replaced my Rolla Battery in 2004 - got the bog standard replacement from Toyota for £48 inc VAT.

Update, Dad retired last week and needed a car for weekend,

I couldn't wait for toyota to order one in so went to Halfords. £60ish later dads bouncing around in my old rolla lol

Cheers all for the help and opinions.

Rich K :thumbsup:

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links