Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Earth

viperroom_112

Passenger floor? Just scrape away some paint from the metal and screw into it or something? drill a small hole in floor and use a nut and bolt with the cable on?

Passenger floor? Just scrape away some paint from the metal and screw into it or something? drill a small hole in floor and use a nut and bolt with the cable on?

Not so sure that drilling holes in the floorpan is a good idea :unsure:

Better to find an existing earth point (possibly located on a cross member or seat mounting point) :thumbsup:

Why not try the front seat mount at the back of the seat and which screws through on to the "transmission" tunnel. It may be sticky to get out, but it should give a good earth. Only try it if its a (14mm?) hex head though. Trust me when I say its not worth messing with the Torx head bolts!

Hth...

:thumbsup:

A

A good clean metal to metal contact. Same as for any good electrical connection. Give the terminal on the end of the cable a good rub with steel wool and the area directly around where you hope to attach it a clean too. Bare metal's good, but I'd want to put some conductive grease around that to keep oxygen out.

:thumbsup:

A

there are earthing points where the passangers feet go on the left take the plastic panel away n theres a pile there

Earth it on the door pillar, take the plastic panel off and earth it there.

I installed an amp under the seat at the weekend there, found a great place to earth. Mine is under the drivers seat by the way but im sure the subframes are pretty similar.

You'll need a little nut and bolt, like a small allen one or something.

If you look at the rear end of the seat subframe on the left side, there are a couple of holes. I didnt check the right side but im sure there were holes in it too. One hole was too big, but the one closest to the rear is pretty small. So if you sand some paint off the underneath of the hole so you can have a good contact, put the bolt through the ring on the end of your earth cable, push the bolt up through the hole and tighten the nut onto it. Its fiddly cos its hard to reach in there but its the best place :thumbsup:

If this isnt a good enough description or you dont know where i mean, PM me and ill take pics for you. Its definitely the best and tidiest place to do it, plus its close to the amp, some of the locations suggested above such as in the passenger footwell are too far from the amp. Your earth lead should be as short as possible.

I installed an amp under the seat at the weekend there, found a great place to earth. Mine is under the drivers seat by the way but im sure the subframes are pretty similar.

You'll need a little nut and bolt, like a small allen one or something.

If you look at the rear end of the seat subframe on the left side, there are a couple of holes. I didnt check the right side but im sure there were holes in it too. One hole was too big, but the one closest to the rear is pretty small. So if you sand some paint off the underneath of the hole so you can have a good contact, put the bolt through the ring on the end of your earth cable, push the bolt up through the hole and tighten the nut onto it. Its fiddly cos its hard to reach in there but its the best place :thumbsup:

If this isnt a good enough description or you dont know where i mean, PM me and ill take pics for you. Its definitely the best and tidiest place to do it, plus its close to the amp, some of the locations suggested above such as in the passenger footwell are too far from the amp. Your earth lead should be as short as possible.

thanks m8 will get to it at sum point this week

No problem, by the way make sure the bolt is short so it doesnt catch on the upper part of the subframe when you slide the seat.

I got a long one and cut it with a hacksaw.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links