Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Quick Question?

UK86_MarK

Ok done a really silly thing today! :censor:

Pulled out quickly onto a busy roundabout today. Paying more attention to the traffic on the roundabout, i had a stupid moment and forgot to lift my foot completly off the clutch and got a really bad smell! I think that i gave the clutch a bit of of burn. :crybaby:

Anyway thats my dramatic story, i just need someone to put my mind at rest. I've only ever done this once and i hope that it doesn't do much damage? :(

Cheers

Mark :P

Dont worry about is whatsoever! I do occasionally, its very easy to do with a powerful engine.

You wont have done any damage, just slightly burnt the clutch! really smells worse than it is!

Just dont make a habit of it, if you do it consistantly you could burn the clutch out.

Hope that this has put your mind at rest

:yahoo:

Thanks matey!

:yahoo:

You have no idea how much i was worried about that! I am one of them people that treats his car better than his woman lol!!

Thanks again!

Mark :toast:

Here's a thread full of people talking about it. I've done it a few times and it stinks for a few seconds and then goes away.

Nothing to worry about unless you're on a first date and they think it's you making the nasty smell. :thumbsup:

LOL!!!!!!!

How crazy was you look turning to your date and saying "i swear it wasn't me....it was the car!!

Thanks for the thread link though!!

Mark

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links