Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

New Ice (finnally Got Pics)

sphinktar1988

Okies here we are, messy at the moment but its all gettin built in soon as i have the money :)

extra amp aint in at the mo cause i need an extra wiring kit

2z56vcx.jpg

48fvgo7.jpg

2is8fo9.jpg

P.s any ideas on wat the boot build should look like?? heres a pic of my old one b4 i put amps on it

2qvclqp.jpg

was thinking of something simalar but with amps on each side?

I'd beef up that parcel shelf as will sound loads better :thumbsup: Add MDF to the bottom of it or rebuild one! Also i'd personally have them hidden as looks chavvy and unproffessional/temporary imo (should be heard not seen :P)

Otherwise i bet that's pretty loud! Personally i would of only chosen that sub and amp maybe but your choice/budget! I'm not overly keen on OTT boot builds on standard looking cars so i would say keep it clean and simple as before :)

Finally, get a proper surround for that HU!

Looks nice mate, if your 6x9's look good show them off i say, i have alpine type s 6x9's and they looked nice so thought why not show them! not that you can see them now anyway because of tints but o well!

Can you have the sub pointing into boot because then get more bass as its got more air to move, were a now yours is pointing at parcel shelf!

Looking nice! Get 6x9's woody!!

Dont like HU as i dont like sony stuff but just opinion dude!

I was looking at 6*9s but my system sounds pretty good atm tbh :P Also 6*9 wise i'm torn between a few! Besides more important things before that!

Sphinkstar, you got any dash Speakers in? How do the FLI coaxials in doors sound?

Looks nice mate, if your 6x9's look good show them off"

Good idea, if you got a sat nav leave it inside on show, also any bank statements and your wallet!

Looks good thought mate! :blink:

wouldnt recomend the door Speakers i got the 6.5" ones with audioleads adapters n there good but its all very rattley and theres to much bass in em n not nuff treble

but if ur on a budget like i was for the Speakers then they do the job,

as for the sub :S fooook me its loud 1400watts max not sure wat the rms is but it makes one hell of a racket lol

i just move the sub for the min because it was facing that horrible bit of plasic that holds all the spare wheel tools n it rattles like hell.

the sony headunit altho not to everyones taste for £87 new (£149 in hal-frauds) does its job very well n comes with lots of lil gadget including 3 pre-outs, proper sub control, loud output n a cool lil equaliser lol

fancy a stealth shelf till i can afford tints anyone no where i can source one?

as for the build yeah i'll keep it simple but smart

If the doors are too bassy (mine were opposite) add in some dash coaxials to add some top end :thumbsup: Also they shouldn't rattle if secured properly! Dynamat extreme is cheap and helped mine produce cleaner bass/less rattling! If they are rattling very badly i would assume they are hitting the speaker grills on door cards so build your own spacers that are small enough to not catch the door card but big enough to clear windows when they are down :) Could also be the door pins/locks rattling also which i'm sure you could solve with a bit of securing :thumbsup: I have got rid of some of it by securing them (obviously still need to move up and down) but i think i need to do it a bit more as something is still rattling on drivers side!

yeah next on the list is some 4" inphase door Speakers for the dash cause all the beef is behind me, as the door Speakers are now on the headunit till i wire my extra amp in, will look in to that dynamat stuff cause the yaris is rattley at the best of times.

Good idea, if you got a sat nav leave it inside on show, also any bank statements and your wallet!

Never heard of anyone smashing rear window of a car for some £50 6x9's that are screwed in a shelf!!!

Rest are just plain silly tho :thumbsup:

Never heard of anyone smashing rear window of a car for some £50 6x9's that are screwed in a shelf!!!

come down to notts mate :thumbsup:

lol

ive herd of people smashing the windows and taking the whole shelf! haha

haha mines left in darlington everyday for 7 hours while im at college but neva had bother only heard of one car gettin broken in to but they did have the vibe square 6 by 9s there like £100 in the back on show tut tut

come down to notts mate :thumbsup:

lol

ive herd of people smashing the windows and taking the whole shelf! haha

haha dont think i will if its like that :thumbsup:

get tints solves problem :P

Yeah definietly sort the parcel shelf out mate! Mine was about £60 I think but as stated, adds protection coz it hides the Speakers and makes a world of difference with the sound. The rattles from the standard shelf will do your head in after a while!

And as Woody has said, save up a few more quid and sort the head unit! Looks so much better when it's sat in it's own facia surround!

Otherwise fella, great stuff!

Mate, if the door Speakers make too much bass and not enough treble adjust your settings! Use your equaliser or whatever on your headunit, if you have them amped up adjust the settings on the amp, put high pass filter on etc.

It shouldnt rattle if you screw them in tight.

Also, the sub will perform best if you set it with the speaker facing OUT of the boot i.e. towards the back of the car.

You can get a stealth shelf for yaris for 40 quid :thumbsup:

You need an MDF shelf, mines not finished yet, i'm going to cover it in foam, cut 2 holes for the Speakers then carpet it so you can't see the 6x9's

DSCN3594.jpg

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links