Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Phase 1 Yaris Install Doc

jrampton

I've loaded the first of my 2 guides onto google docs can someone look over it and check it to make sure it's correct, easy to follow in order etc.

Phase 1

Phase 1 one seems a bit wrong :wacko: Well atleast i only had the two screws behind the heater knobs to remove! That third one on the side definately doesn't need to be removed! Also at the top of the page you said the side cutters are used to cut wire and plastic tabs but you only cut plastic tabs in the install :thumbsup: Otherwise it is a good idea :D

Yeah i've seen a few french guides that have that 3rd screw and it needed to be removed on my mates Yaris, maybe its a difference between the french and jap cars.

I'll change the bit about the cutters, i used them to cut the wires in mine but you don't need to cut wires during a normal install.

phase 2 one looks and sounds ok,

I wouldn't recommend bashing the dash back on, as this can bend the little plastic grey and yellow clips (on the bottom half, the cd player surround), then the dash won't fit properly.

What would be better instead of bash ?

knock ?

!Removed! slap ? that would sound better... !Removed! slap the dash back on and your done . :D

What would be better instead of bash ?

knock ?

!Removed! slap ? that would sound better... !Removed! slap the dash back on and your done . :D

bash is what you do to when your dash rattles.

how about a hard push

Phase 1 one seems a bit wrong :wacko: Well atleast i only had the two screws behind the heater knobs to remove! That third one on the side definately doesn't need to be removed!

My P1 SR had a screw at the side :wacko:

*Late SR though and didn't have the TTE exhaust either

Good write up fella ;)

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links