Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Unlocking Not Working (via Remote C/locking)

jatwap

I've got a 'T' reg Avensis 1.8GS and I have recently encountered some strange happenings with my remote central locking.

The car locks as normal via the remote but when trying to unloack the car via the remote, the indicators flash twice as normal but there is no unlocking noise and indeed, the car remains locked (I can unlock via the key in the door)

I've read some threads which suggest an issue between this and the interior light not working - this seems to be similar to my experience as the issue started to happen around the time I replaced the interior light (which now works fine btw)

When inside the car, if I lock the doors via the locking button on the drivers door I am also unable to unlock the doors by pressing the unlock switch on the drivers door.

Don't know where to start with this one so would welcome some structured advice of what to check/try and in some logical order! :help:

keep searching the avensis forum. there was an article recently about the lock solenoid failing inside the drivers door. it is apparently a common problem and is overcome by changing the solenoid.

As penfold stated use the search function at the top of the page in the avensis forum - there are loads of previous posts - Mine still works, guess it's jst a matter of time !!!

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links