Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

The Avensis That Never Got Made....

telsun

Having had a Carina before the Avensis I always longed for the Carina GTI. With it's 180bhp 3S-GTE lump I'm sure it shifted. So when originally looking for an Avensis I promised myself that I'd go for the equivalent to the Carina GTI, you can imagine my dissapointment when I discovered that such a car did not exist :crybaby:

The reason the Carina GTI appealled was that street sleeper approach.

Oh how I wish they made an Avensis with a 3S-GTE lump, sports interior (proper recaros), sports suspension and subtle body mods. The SR was nearly there I guess just hasn't got the performance or the sports interior and still looks like a 4x4.

Perhaps my Avensis is just a little too old maybe the Vvti models have more potential....

Anyway now I've got that off my chest I can go back to daydreaming about that 3S-GTE transplant ;)

look for a caldina import.

i have done a 3S-GTE conversion for a member on here. its not too bad but your looking at £2K for the labour and then what the engine box and ecu set you back so all in budget around £5500-£6000 as you will need a brake upgrade.

by the way the carina was powered by the 3S-GE which was a normaly aspirated version of the GTE

Ooops, yeah I meant the 3S-GE :blush: Although a 3S-GTE would be even better eh! :D

That's the thing with tuning....so darned expensive! I don't really think that my Avensis warrants spending a few grand on an engine transplant. I'd rather sell up and put the extra money on getting a newer car.

Toyota should've just made the damned car that I was looking for anyway that way I could be a very happy man ;)

Purvesh81 what an old dog that Carina looks. I wouldn't have a Carina now anyway, too old and I've had one already. I'd be quite happy if my Avensis looked like yours though but I don't think the other half would approve of the ride comfort of the lowered suspension and 17's :censor:

I'd be quite happy if my Avensis looked like yours though but I don't think the other half would approve of the ride comfort of the lowered suspension and 17's :censor:

It's not bad at all! If your ever in the Maidstone area, I'll take you for a spin so you can see for yourself :)

youll be wanting to import one of these then

clicky

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links