Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Mr2 Over Reving When Idle

Monkman

Hey

have problem with my Mr2 and would like to know if anyone else has come accross the same problem?

When my car is sitting idle like stopped in traffic or lights, my car will rev to 2000rpm it will also stall aswell like it's being starved of fuel.

The problem seems to be getting worse as the engine light keeps coming on as well please help :help::help:

Hey

have problem with my Mr2 and would like to know if anyone else has come accross the same problem?

When my car is sitting idle like stopped in traffic or lights, my car will rev to 2000rpm it will also stall aswell like it's being starved of fuel.

The problem seems to be getting worse as the engine light keeps coming on as well please help :help::help:

sounds like idle air control valve try cleaning it out with some carb cleaner also clean throttle butterfly bound to be carboned up :thumbsup:

What they both said. :),

What the plan 2moro fizzy fat boi?, i know you'll read this cos you sit at work all day doin nothing!!.

depending on weather i might come along so i'll need a postcode or directions or something.

Mo.

Hey

sounds like idle air control valve try cleaning it out with some carb cleaner also clean throttle butterfly bound to be carboned up :thumbsup:

hey guys clearned all that up but it still doing it i was thinking about clearning the whole engine any ideas :)

Hey

hey guys clearned all that up but it still doing it i was thinking about clearning the whole engine any ideas :)

CAN YOU BLANK THE HOLES FOR THE IDLE AIR CONTROL VALVE IF SO DO SO AND IF IT IDLES OK THEN I THINK IT IS THE VALVE AT FAULT

It sounds like an air leak somewhere after the air flow meter. HAve a look at any hoses after the air flow meter and look for splits/poor connection. Wrapping a wet rag around the hoses with the engine running can help with finding it (stay well away from any moving parts whilst doing!!!)

• 2 weeks later...

Most idle problems are caused by vacuum leaks after the throttle body. Check all hoses and pipes on the inlet manifold.

EarL.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links